Attending to every detail. It’s our pleasure.
Choosing to have your wedding at The Ritz-Carlton means knowing that every detail will be carefully considered and perfectly executed. Our simple wedding preparation checklist will help guide every aspect of your big day, from wedding etiquette to honoring cherished family traditions. If it seems like a lot, don't worry – your Wedding Specialist will be with you every step of the way.
- Provide us with the list of vendors you have already chosen. Be sure to include names and contact information.
- If you need assistance finding additional vendors, let us know – each property has a list of preferred vendors to share. Many of our properties offer floral design, lighting, decor and other services in-house, which will help streamline your wedding to-do list.
- Choose a date and time for your rehearsal and rehearsal event. Typically this is the day before the ceremony.
- Choose a rehearsal event. Commonly a dinner, the event is an opportunity to entertain family, out-of-town guests and the bridal party before the wedding day.
- Create a list of wedding guests for both the rehearsal and the event. The rehearsal should include all members of the wedding party, the officiant and the wedding planner. The dinner may include additional family members and friends at the discretion of the bride and groom.
- Where will the groom be getting ready?
- When will pictures be taken?
- Will the bride and groom see each other before the wedding?
- Do you need a holding room for the bridesmaids or groomsmen?
- Consider the atmosphere you would like to evoke during your ceremony.
- What type of music would you like? Would you like specific songs performed at key moments?
- Would you like to offer a unique enhancement to your ceremony, such as a special refreshment for guests, artistic furniture placement to enhance guest socialization, a fireworks display or more? The sky’s the limit!
- Provide a full list of the entire bridal party in order of entrance. Make sure to include any family members and their escorts.
- How many guests will you have? What type of seating will you offer for these guests?
- What type of menu would you like? Would you like tray-passed items, culinary stations, a seated meal, or a combination of these and other options? Will you have a cake?
- Would you like an open bar? Will you offer a signature drink? Make sure to include non-alcoholic options.
- Will you have a theme for your reception? How do you want that theme translated into décor?
- Would you like any special lighting?
- What type of music or other entertainment would you like? Would you like specific songs performed throughout the event at key moments?
- Will you set up a gift table? Would you like your gifts stored?
- How will you distribute table assignment information?
- Create a full schedule of events, including a timeline for introductions, the first dance, any blessings and toasts, and the cake cutting in your wedding checklist.
- Would you like to host a post wedding brunch the next day?
- Will you require any special assistance packing your wedding dress?
- Have you decided who will be responsible for transporting your gifts home after the wedding?
- If you are leaving on your honeymoon directly from the hotel, do you need special assistance with travel details?
- Would you like to have The Ritz-Carlton Honeymoon Concierge contact you for assistance with your honeymoon plans?