From water sports and beach lounging to world-class recreation, our golf resort has it all
Abama Golf & Spa Resort is a 160 hectare ‘finca’ (private estate) tucked away in Guía de Isora, a tranquil and little known area of Spain’s island of Tenerife.
The island, the largest of the seven that make up the Canary Island archipelago, is just over 300 km from the African coast, and about 1,300 km from the Spanish Mainland slightly to the north of the Tropic of Cancer, and situated in the centre of the chain, between Gran Canaria, La Gomera and La Palma.
Abama features volcanic landscapes, exuberant vegetation with over 300 varieties of plants, trees and palm trees, breathtaking panoramic views over the Atlantic Ocean and the Island of La Gomera. Tenerife is known throughout the world as the Island of Eternal Spring. In its privileged location, this hotel in Tenerife enjoys more hours of sunshine than any other part of Spain, with an average annual temperature of 22º C.
With a spectacular location on the West Coast of Tenerife on the smooth slopes of the Teide, the highest peak in Spain, our spa resort is set on breathtaking landscape that runs all the way down to the ocean and features its own exclusive beach.
Please select one of the links below to learn more about the features and amenities available at our family resort in Spain.
Our Canary Islands hotel's 469 guest rooms and suites are divided between the Citadel (321) and the Villas (148), most of which enjoy magnificent views over the Atlantic, our golf course and our beautiful gardens. The Complex at our golf resort in Tenerife combines ethnic architecture with a Moorish feel in almost all of its many guest rooms and suites.
- Air Conditioning
- Personal Safe
- Mini Bar
- High-Speed Internet connection
- Vast variety of national and international selection of television channels
- Two in-room telephones: one with loud speaker and one bathroom telephone
- Towels and bed linen of the highest quality
- Marble-tiled baths with separate shower, toilet and sinks
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Hair dryer
- Laundry and dry cleaning service
- Iron & Iron Board
- Nespresso coffee machine
The ethnic design and African influences of our Abama golf resort provide an exceptional location from which guests can relax and discover the beauty of the island.
Exclusive Beach accessed by a funicular from the hotel’s cliff-top perch with two natural pools
Sánchez-Casal Tennis Academy
Whirlpool and indoor pool at the Out of Africa-inspired spa
Water Facilities and complete Fitness Center with state-of-the art equipment
7 Swimming pools, including a pool reserved only for adults
options, including our Michelin star restaurants, M.B and Kabuki
24 hour check-in
24 hour in-room dining
24 hour porter service
24 hour in-room resort security
Abama Golf and Spa Resort is aligned to the Ritz-Carlton social and environmental responsibility program, Community Footprints.
Our current initiatives include:
- Desalination plant camouflaged to be integrated into the natural environment
- All the water used in the hotel is taken from the sea and treated in the desalination plant
- 262 square meters surface of solar panels to provide our guest with hot water for their shower, air-conditioning and to heat the swimming pools
- Recycling of glass and cardboard
- Recycling of batteries and plastics
- Ink cartridges are sent to a private company for recycling
- Use of energy saving light bulbs
- LED lights bulbs are being implanted in the hotel corridors