The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte hotel’s state-of-the-art meeting facilities exceed any luxury hotel experience in the city.
- Audio-visual equipment
- Shipping and receiving services
- Business Center
- High-speed Internet access
- Security services
- Electrical services
Book your short-term meeting and take advantage of our Special Value Meeting Package when hotel guest rooms are not required for your attendees. Guests will receive legendary Ritz-Carlton service excellence and unique ambience, all with value-added special pricing. Book within a 30-day window and lock in a fixed rate per person that includes the following:
- Facility fee
- Continental breakfast
- AM/PM beverage service
- Deli lunch buffet
- Audio-visual setup
- Two flip charts
- Wireless Internet access
Please call the hotel Sales Department at 704-549-4178 and refer to the Short-Term Meeting Value package. Rates are subject to change and include certain blackout dates.
The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte is the first Ritz-Carlton hotel to be built to LEED Gold standards and to achieve LEED Gold certification, and it is committed to respecting the environment through its mindful meeting and event programs. Our Green Meeting initiatives seamlessly incorporate The Ritz-Carlton standards of legendary service, product and ambience while nurturing and protecting nature within the city. To learn more about our Green Meetings and LEED-driven conservation, recycling, materials and operational leadership, please contact the hotel Sales Department at (704) 549-4178.
Sustainable practices at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte include the following:
- The building uses 30% less energy than a conventional hotel by using ultra-efficient materials and the latest construction technology. This applies to meeting spaces, furniture and materials.
- Water usage has been reduced by 33% by instilling high-efficiency Kohler plumbing fixtures, saving two million gallons of water in the first year.
- Air quality is improved by circulating large amounts of outside air into guest rooms at 60 cubic feet per minute.
- Regional vendors and artists were used for materials to reduce transportation and packaging.
- Low-emitting volatile organic compound (VOC) paints, adhesives, carpets, etc. reduce indoor air contamination.
- A green, vegetated rooftop is planted on the hotel to reduce the urban heat island effect and decrease the amount of energy needed for air conditioning. It also slows the rain runoff and insulates the rooftop, keeping the building cooler overall. It is home to a chef’s herb garden as well as two beehives providing natural honey for hotel culinary use.
- Wood used includes Sapele logs that are FSC certified, which is rare for the United States. This wood is utilized in multiple places throughout the hotel.
- Leather products utilized throughout the hotel were created with recycled leather.
- 87% of construction waste was recycled, diverting 1,535 tons of debris from landfills.
- The hotel is contracting with a Green power supplier to buy 35% of the building’s electricity use for two years.
- 150 bicycle parking spaces are located on-property. Bicycles are available for guests to ride in Uptown Charlotte.
- Local complimentary transportation is provided on weekday mornings by hybrid vehicle.
- To encourage the use of hybrid and electric vehicles by our guests, their valet parking is complimentary.
- All dining and beverage menus incorporate organic, local, and 100% natural products.
- The Wellness Center incorporates treatments utilizing 100% organic products.
- The Living Essentials Boutique offers a selection of organic clothing, accessories, products and educational materials.
- A comprehensive recycling program is visible throughout the hotel.
- Environmentally-sensitive cleaning products are used in the hotel.
- The hotel donates unused food to Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina.
- A Regeneration Suiting product line (suits made out of recycled two-liter plastic bottles) is used in uniform selection in various departments.
- Collateral utilized in the hotel is printed on post-consumer waste recycled paper.
- Banquet meeting room tables were designed using recycled aluminum.
- Green Meetings are a standard in the hotel.
- A Natura Water Purification System is utilized for meetings in the hotel, thereby diverting 73,000 plastic bottles from landfills on a yearly basis, saving 104.2 barrels of oil, eliminating 48.7 tons of CO2 emissions eliminated, and saving 604,528,714 BTUs of electricity in one year.
- An environmental conservation activity takes place once per quarter within the local City Center community.
VolunTeaming is now offered under The Ritz-Carlton social responsibility program, Community Footprints
. Transcending traditional group activities, VolunTeaming combines teambuilding with volunteer activities that create lasting memories for the participants. Recognizing that many groups want their teambuilding time to make a meaningful contribution, these programs enable guests to be a force for good and feel personally connected to the place that they visit.Operation Sandwich
The Urban Ministry Center is an interfaith organization dedicated to bringing the community together to end homelessness, one life at a time. Group volunteers can join the effort through “Operation Sandwich," whereby groups assemble and pack sandwiches to be delivered for lunch to the Urban Ministry Center's kitchen. This meaningful, socially responsible activity provides a unique opportunity to work together with a common goal of giving back to the community and giving hope to the homeless.
Please contact your meetings and special events professional
for details on how VolunTeaming activities can be matched to group.
Meetings and events at The Ritz-Carlton are carefully designed to create an unparalleled guest experience while protecting our natural resources. Together with our property-based Ritz-Carlton Environmental Action Conservation Teams (REACT) you and your attendees can support our efforts to reduce our environmental imprint and make a meaningful difference. Within our hotels, we reduce energy and water usage, offer a linen and terry reuse program, and utilize environmentally preferable cleaning products. Our meeting venues support a sustainable future by offering recycled paper products and pens, water service options, organic and local food and sustainable seafood options.
The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte Audio Visual Department’s highest priority is the satisfaction of our clients and the success of your events. At The Ritz-Carlton, every event is a masterpiece, and we combine the finest personal service with state-of-the-art technology in lighting, audio, video, and staging. In every event which we produce, we strive for design innovation and flawless execution, helping you to plan a one-of-a kind event.
- Full pre-event visualization with CAD diagrams and renderings
- Integrated flown support for lighting, sound and video systems
- In-house or concert sound packages available
- Broadcast video
- Innovative staging solutions and design
- Vast array of intelligent and conventional lighting
May Meetings Month Special Offer
New meetings booked for May 2013 and/or May 2014 will receive a choice of two of the following special incentives*:
Contact Heidi Nowak at 704-972-4446 or at email@example.com to book your May meeting.*Valid for new contracts only with 10 or more rooms nights signed by April 30, 2013 for arrival between May 1and May 31, 2013 and signed by June 30, 2013 for arrival between May 1 and May 31, 2014. Other terms and conditionsmay apply, void where prohibited. Subject to availability.
- Complimentary high-speed wired or wireless Internet access in the meeting space
- Two VIP accommodation upgrades for planner or guests
- Double Ritz-Carlton Rewards® points
- 50% savings on meeting space
- Bar Cocoa VIP welcome amenity for up to three guests