The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Fitness Center offers a wide variety of mind/body fitness classes and equipment as well as personalized training on both our Cybex Strength and Balanced Body Pilates apparatus. If you are looking for inspiration and motivation the professionals at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua are here to assist you on your journey to health and wellness.
The Fitness Center is open 24 hours a day with room key access. Use of the Fitness Center is reserved for hotel guests ages 18 and older, Minors age 16-17 must be accompanied by an adult or have a signed Minor Authorization and Release Form signed by his/her parent or guardian. Minors under the age of 16 are not permitted to use the fitness center. For your safety and the safety of others, proper footwear closed toed shoes and fitness attire is required. Fitness Classes
The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua realizes the importance of a healthy mind, a sound body and a fruitful lifestyle. We offer an outstanding group of experienced and talented specialists who are committed to promoting lifelong healthy behaviors.
The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua is proud to offer superb wellness classes, great for adding some variety and inspiration into your daily workout. Whether you are an avid yoga or Pilates practitioner, or a first-timer looking for something new, we have a class you are sure to enjoy. If you have serious injuries or limitations, a private session in highly recommended before taking any class. Most classes are all levels, except for Dynamic Yoga. All classes meet in the fitness center and are first come first serve. Space is limited. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to register for classes. Guests arriving more than 5 minutes late will not be able to attend class for safety reasons. Our class schedule varies monthly and printed copies for your viewing are available through the Fitness Center or Spa.
Classes are $20 per person, except for Pilates Reformer which is $45. *HulaFit, Tai Chi, Laughter Yoga, Kapalua Fitness Walk, and Cardio Loop Hike are complimentary for Ritz-Carlton guests.
Classes are limited to ten for your comfort and convenience Core Power
- Wake up your core with this flowing hybrid fitness and yoga class. We use a core ball to create a grounded center and assist your abdominals, lower back, arms and legs while getting firmer as you sweat. 60 minute $20 Gentle Yoga
- This is a perfect yoga class for those who like a soothing yoga class. The class is structured in a relaxing flow style, which smoothly links postures with breath for all levels. 60 minute $20 Kapalua Fitness Walk*
- Start the day right! Take a brisk 2.5 mile walk around the Kapalua community. See nice beaches and awesome ocean views. Breathe fresh, crisp Kapalua air. Enjoy the sounds of birds chirping. Sneakers are required. Complimentary for Ritz-Carlton guests. $0 - 45-50 minuteLaughter Yoga*
- Experience the stress releasing and happiness-boosting power of free-flow laughter. Simple empowering laughter exercises combined with gentle yoga breathing techniques allow pure joy to emerge from the heart. Fresh oxygen flushes the lungs, strengthens the immune system and boosts the body's "happy" chemistry. Laughter is truly the best medicine! All levels welcome. Complimentary for Ritz-Carlton guests $0-50 min. Legs, Bums & Tums* -
This is the ideal class to target and tone the lower body and mid section. This popular class offers an upbeat workout, specifically designed to tone-up and tackle problems areas. Complimentary for Ritz-Carlton guests $0 - 40 minute
Maui Aqua Fit - Make a splash in this summer fun fitness class that tones and strengthens all major muscle groups using water as resistance, taught by master water instructor Tawney Lee Hunt. Pilates Reformer -
This class is limited to two guests, so it is like having a semi-private session! The reformer provides finely tuned exercise resistance that allows one to work very precisely to develop good alignment, core strength, and flexibility. Guests must make a reservation for this class through the spa concierge. Twelve-hour cancellation policy applies. 50 minute $45 per person All levels welcome
. Pure Pilates -
Mat class based on the strength and flexibility principles of Joseph Pilates. Movements are controlled and performed with total concentration in a precise and flowing manner. This approach develops core strength and balance for a strong, lean and healthy body. 60 minute $20 Restorative Vini Yoga
- This style of gentle & forgiving Yoga will help calm and relax the system using a series of slow stretching postures and ancient breath techniques ending in easy meditation. Taiji By The Sea
- This unique class combines easy to follow slow flowing movements and controlled breathing to increase vital life force or “chi” energy, taught beachside. Meet at the Beach House Lawn. 60 min. $20 TaijiFit Flow* -
TaijiFit is the most unique workout to come along in decades. It’s a ride along the wave of your Inner Power, like surfing on your own life energy – the Qi. It combines the best elements of fitness, meditation and the ancient martial art of Taijiquan (Tai Chi). Complimentary for Ritz-Carlton guests. 45-50 minute - $0 YogaFit® -
This flowing style of yoga blends balance, strength, power, and flexibility into a fitness format doable by individuals of any fitness level. 60 minute $20 YOGA Flow -
Challenging sequences are designed to create focus, wake the inner body and still the mind.
Advanced poses will be given in this class but will be built from a safe foundation and worked into intelligently! 60 minute $20 Yogalates
- This class is perfect for the yoga practitioner who also likes core exercises. Enjoy the best of both worlds in one class! Improve your flexibility, strength, and balance from yoga while exercising your core through Pilates. All levels welcome. 60 minute $20
Classes are taught by experienced mind/ body fitness instructors and accommodate all fitness levels.
Private Sessions are available. Advanced reservations are required 24 hours in advance. Please contact the spa concierge at (808) 665-7079 for assistance.
- Private Weight Training, Tennis, Aqua – 50 minutes $89 per person / 80 minutes $110 per person
- Private Pilates Equipment - 50 minutes $110 per person / 80 minutes $130 per person
- Private Yoga and Pilates Mat – 50 minutes $99 per person / 80 minutes $120 per person
- Semi-Privates – Add an additional person $30 per person