The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Fitness Center offers a wide variety of mind/body fitness classes and equipment as well as personalized training on both our Cybex Strength and Balanced Body Pilates apparatus. If you are looking for inspiration and motivation the professionals at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua are here to assist you on your journey to health and wellness.
The Fitness Center is open 24 hours a day with room key access. Use of the Fitness Center is reserved for hotel guests ages 18 and older, Minors age 16-17 must be accompanied by an adult or have a signed Minor Authorization and Release Form signed by his/her parent or guardian. Minors under the age of 16 are not permitted to use the fitness center. For your safety and the safety of others, proper footwear closed toed shoes and fitness attire is required. Fitness Classes
The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua realizes the importance of a healthy mind, a sound body and a fruitful lifestyle. We offer an outstanding group of experienced and talented specialists who are committed to promoting lifelong healthy behaviors.
The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua is proud to offer superb wellness classes, great for adding some variety and inspiration into your daily workout. Whether you are an avid yoga or Pilates practitioner, or a first-timer looking for something new, we have a class you are sure to enjoy. If you have serious injuries or limitations, a private session in highly recommended before taking any class. Most classes are all levels, except for Dynamic Yoga. All classes meet in the fitness center and are first come first serve. Space is limited. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to register for classes. Guests arriving more than 5 minutes late will not be able to attend class for safety reasons. Our class schedule varies monthly and printed copies for your viewing are available through the Fitness Center or Spa.
Classes are $20 per person, except for Pilates Reformer which is $45. *HulaFit, Tai Chi, Laughter Yoga, Kapalua Fitness Walk, and Cardio Loop Hike are complimentary for Ritz-Carlton guests.
Classes are limited to ten for your comfort and convenience ABC Fitness (Alignment, Balance & Core)
- This cutting edge mind/body class is a combination of exercises and myofacial release on the foam roller to challenge core stabilization, balance, and strength. Increase flexibility and take your sport or fitness routine to the next level. All levels welcome. 60 min. $20
Gentle Flow Yoga
— This is a perfect yoga class for those who like a soothing yoga class. The class is structured in a relaxing flow style, which smoothly links postures with breath for all levels. 60 min. $20
*– A fun introduction to basic hula vocabulary, incorporating movements that will strengthen your core, legs, arms, and glutes, and weaving them into dance sequences. Students of all levels are welcome. $0 -Complimentary for Ritz-Carlton guests
Kapalua Fitness Walk
*— Start the day right! Take a brisk 2.5 mile walk around the Kapalua community. See nice beaches and awesome ocean views. Breathe fresh, crisp Kapalua air. Enjoy the sounds of birds chirping. Sneakers are required. 45-50 min. $0 -Complimentary for Ritz-Carlton guests
- Experience the stress releasing and happiness-boosting power of free-flow laughter. Simple empowering laughter exercises combined with gentle yoga breathing techniques allow pure joy to emerge from the heart. Fresh oxygen flushes the lungs, strengthens the immune system and boosts the body's "happy" chemistry. Laughter is truly the best medicine! All levels welcome. 60 min.
Legs, Bums & Tums
– This is the ideal class to target and tone the lower body and mid section. This popular class offers an upbeat workout, specifically designed to tone-up and tackle problems areas. 60 min. $20
—This class is limited to two guests, so it is like having a semi-private session! The reformer provides finely tuned exercise resistance that allows one to work very precisely to develop good alignment, core strength, and flexibility. Guests must make a reservation for this class through the spa concierge. Twelve-hour cancellation policy applies. 50min. $45 per person All levels welcome. Pure Pilates
– Mat class based on the strength and flexibility principles of Joseph Pilates. Movements are con-trolled and performed with total concentration in a precise and flowing manner. This approach develops core strength and balance for a strong, lean and healthy body. 60 min $20
– Provides you with the program you need to get in shape through flowing exercise. Low impact, gentle on the joints, yet fun and challenging . Come see how people across the globe are discovering Tai Chi for a great workout they can follow regardless of age, gender or fitness level. Tai Chi has been clinically shown to improve blood pressure and cholesterol levels, improve balance, reduce pain from osteoarthritis and prevent osteoarthri-tis. 45-50 min. $0 Complimentary for Ritz-Carlton guests. YogaFit®
– This flowing style of yoga blends balance, strength, power, and flexibility into a fitness format doable by individuals of any fitness level. 60 min. $20
– Challenging sequences are designed to create focus, wake the inner body and still the mind. Advanced poses will be given in this class but will be built from a safe foundation and worked into intelligently! 60 min. $20
— This class is perfect for the yoga practitioner who also likes core exercises. Enjoy the best of both worlds in one class! Improve your flexibility, strength, and balance from yoga while exercising your core through Pilates. All levels welcome. 60 min. $20
Classes are taught by experienced mind/ body fitness instructors and accommodate all fitness levels.
Private Sessions are available. Advanced reservations are required 24 hours in advance. Please contact the spa concierge at 808-665-7079 for assistance.
- Private Weight Training, Tennis, Aqua – 50 minutes $89 per person / 80 minutes $110 per person
- Private Pilates Equipment - 50 minutes $110 per person / 80 minutes $130 per person
- Private Yoga and Pilates Mat – 50 minutes $99 per person / 80 minutes $120 per person
- Semi-Privates – Add an additional person $30 per person