Mardi Gras at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
Friday, February 21 through Fat Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Also known as "Fat Tuesday," Mardi Gras is an annual festival celebrated in many countries around the world. Mardi Gras is marked by spectacular parades featuring floats, pageants, elaborate costumes, masked balls, and Mardi Gras Indians dancing in the streets.
Several Mardi Gras parades pass directly in front of The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans, providing guests with a front row seat to the action.
For more information on Mardi Gras in New Orleans, please visit the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau website: http://www.neworleanscvb.com/calendar-events/mardi-gras/
The Ritz-Carlton Mardi Gras Food Stand
For those choosing to take in the parades in front of The Ritz-Carlton’s Canal Street entrance, our Mardi Gras Street Stand, located at the Gallery of Shops entrance, will be offering a wide selection of food and beverages tailored to their Mardi Gras experience. Patrons will enjoy several draft beers on tap, Hurricane cocktails and a selection of New Orleans classics including Crawfish Bread and Gumbo.
- Friday, February 28: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday, March 1: 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sunday, March 2: 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Monday, March 3: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 4: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Mardi Gras Street Closure Schedule:
Several roads around The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans will be closed for the following dates and times. Please click here for alternate driving directions.
*All times are approximate and subject to change
- Friday, February 21 - Street closures from 6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Saturday, February 22 – Street closures from 1 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Sunday, February 23 - Street closures from 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, February 28 – Street closures from 6 p.m. – Midnight
- Saturday, March 1 – Street closures from 11 a.m. – Midnight
- Sunday, March 2 – Street closures from 11 a.m. – Midnight
- Monday, March 3 – Street closures from 5:15 p.m. – Midnight
- Tuesday, March 4 – Street closures from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Parade Schedule: http://www.neworleanscvb.com/calendar-events/mardi-gras/parade-schedule/