Curried Chicken Meatballs
10 lb boneless chicken thigh
as needed sesame oil
1 quart onion, minced, sautéed in sesame oil
1/2 cup minced garlic
1 cup curry powder
6 tbsp salt and pepper
1 cup ice water
1 cup mirin
1/2 cup fish sauce
3 tbsp Sambal
1 quart cooked Jasmine rice
2 cups chopped roasted peanuts
2 cups scallion, minced
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1. Sweat onions in sesame oil and cool
2. Combine garlic, curry and salt
3. Combine onions, salt, curry powder and garlic with chicken and place in cooler to marinade over night.
4. Grind through medium die, mix and pass throught dye one more time.
5. Process in a cold Robot Coupe in 3 stages with sambal, mirin and fish sauce mixture.
6. Puree until smooth
7. Fold in peanuts, cilantro, rice and scallions by hand.
8. Test for seasoning
9. Make into desired size ball and roast at 325 F with low fan and 50% humidity until proper internal temperature is reached.