DALLAS, Texas – May 9, 2016 -- The nightly Guacamologist Experience at The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas is taking on a new dimension this week, thanks to the unveiling of a one-of-a-kind Tequila Vault located in the hotel lobby set for this Friday, May 13. A prized trove and showcase of all things agave, the Tequila Vault is a cache of rare spirits, including a prized Patrón en Lalique valued at more than $8,000. Only 100 bottles of Patrón en Lalique were ever produced.
Since the hotel’s opening in 2007, a Chef-Guacamologist has made his way into The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas Lobby at 6 p.m. each evening, where he prepares and presents a limited edition of hand-crafted guacamole, enhanced by freshly-selected Texas produce and accompanied by signature margarita tastings. Beginning this Friday, the doors of The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas Tequila Vault will also be opened nightly at 6 p.m., as the Guacamologist Experience introduces an added focus on prized tequilas and tequila education.
The Tequila Vault will showcase rare and coveted agave-based spirits including the Tequila Patrón collection, Fearing’s signature Barrel Select Tequila, a wide array of mezcals (another spirit derived from agave), and more.
- All tequilas and mezcals kept in the Vault will be available to order at the Fearing’s Restaurant Rattlesnake Bar or through tequila servers in the hotel lobby.
- The Tequila Vault is curated by its own CRT-trained specialty bartender. CRT is the regulatory body which oversees tequila production in Mexico, and the newly appointed tequilier is the hotel’s official expert in this fascinating spirit.
- Each month the Vault will showcase a specialty tequila or mezcal cocktail that will be presented each evening during and after the Guacamologist ritual. This monthly specialty cocktail also will be available for purchase throughout the hotel’s dining outlets.
- Once a month a high-profile bartender or spirts expert will be invited to host a specialty tasting of tequila or mezcal, and to create and present new specialty drinks while educating guests of the hotel and of Fearing’s Restaurant.
- The Vault was custom-designed and crafted as homage to the world of agave. The motif on the mirrors of its artisanal front is inspired by the pattern found on a female agave “pina” after it is harvested to be made into tequila.
The Tequila Vault is one of several signature food and beverage offerings of The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas. The hotel is home to Fearing’s Restaurant, which has been ranked the #1 hotel restaurant in the United States.