Escape to Northern Florida’s Barrier Island Paradise and Experience All That The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island Has to Offer
AMELIA ISLAND, FLA. (March 1, 2018) – Escape to The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, a place where Southern charm meets the unspoiled sandy beaches of the Atlantic. Here, warm hospitality and the pristine natural beauty of The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, offer the perfect combination for a classic family beach vacation.
Amelia Island, the southernmost barrier island on the Atlantic coastline is located on the border of Florida and Georgia, only thirty minutes from Jacksonville International Airport and just a two hour flight from many American cities. With 13 miles of dune-lined beaches and State Parks protecting the north and south of the island, the setting immediately offers families a respite from the stresses of everyday life and the opportunity to reconnect at this luxury beachfront resort.
Whether travelers are looking for adventures, relaxation or everything in between, The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island has something for everyone. Families can choose to immerse themselves in the unique experiences that await them including:
1) Sand Castle Concierge. A signature Amelia Island experience that brings families together, join our Sand Castle Concierge to turn sand and water into art and memories. The experience includes instruction of sand building techniques, tools for sculpting and a memento to bring home. Capture the memory of your build with our very own Photography Concierge.
2) Eco-Ambassadors. For lovers of the outdoors, The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island is paradise found. Partnering with our resident Naturalist, guests can explore the many opportunities for eco adventures found on the island- walking the shoreline collecting shells and fossilized shark teeth, exploring our salt marshes and dunes, or understanding sea turtles and their connection to the larger global environment. Whether traveling as a couple, family or group, these exciting adventures can be enjoyed by kids and adults.
3) Disconnect to Reconnect. There’s no need to go off the grid to try a digital detox from everyday life. Restore your physical and emotional well-being by tapping into the wellness traditions of the island. A peaceful walk along the beach can reconnect you with nature and immediately reduce stress. A signature coastal-themed treatment from our award-winning Spa or a visit to one of our many wellness gatherings is the perfect recipe for bringing wellness back into your daily life. Guests can follow the ebb and flow of the ocean’s tides with a Coastal Breeze treatment; meditate while watching the sunrise, practice yoga on the beach, or savor a healthy meal in Coast. Book any treatment and stay for the day soaking in the sun at The Spa’s saltwater, adults-only pool or rejuvenating in the eucalyptus-infused steam room and wet lounge. The goal is to enhance mindfulness, care for the body and rejuvenate the spirit.
4) Beach Horseback Riding. Enjoy the scenic beauty of the Amelia Island with one of the few horseback beach riding opportunities in the nation. Nestled in the maritime forest of Amelia Island State Park, the Kelly Seahorse Ranch has become an Amelia Island attraction for visitors from around the world and provides guests the unforgettable memory of exploring natural landscapes on horseback.
5) Kayak Through Salt Marshes. Take advantage of the wild beauty found on the island. Explore the majestic beauty of Talbot Island State Park while spotting dolphins, Roseate Spoonbills, White Egrets and other rare migratory birds and animals. The island’s untouched ecological resources become a natural classroom and living laboratory for adults, families and kids to learn while having outdoor fun.
6) A Pirate’s Life. Join our Pirate Captain daily for colorful tales of Amelia Island and its 400 year history. The island’s deep natural harbor and inland waters made it the ideal haven for pirates, armadas, smugglers and fishermen. Each day, we celebrate that legacy with a rousing Pirate Toast and the end of another beautiful day. Every Friday, children accompany Princess Amelia on a treasure hunt spanning the far corners of the resort. Give a memorable goodnight to children with a Princess and Pirate Tuck-In with a bedtime story from a pirate and princess and a snack of chocolate chip cookies and milk. Special weekends at the resort feature a Pirate’s Dinner Feast with a delicious pirate-themed menu, swashbuckling entertainment and keepsake photo.
7) Ritz Kids Experience. Partnering with our resort naturalist and using Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment program as a guide, kids will interact with their surroundings in a fresh and exciting way. Ritz Kids can adventure outdoors to learn about sea turtles and gopher tortoises or help tend the reef ecosystem in our 1,000 gallon fish tanks. Full and half day programs, are available. Every Friday and Saturday evening, there’s Kids Night Out where young guests can enjoy an evening of activity while parents slip away for a romantic evening.
8) Private Poolside Cabanas. Make quality family time count with the experience of a luxury poolside cabana. Each cabana comes equipped with padded lounge chairs, stocked mini-fridge and flat-screen TV. A personal cabana butler attends your every need, ensuring you stay refreshed and happy while enjoying the beautiful Florida sunshine. Each cabana is stocked with fresh whole fruit, bottled water, sunscreen and chilled towels.
9) Amelia Island by Bike. Take a guided bike tour through historic downtown Fernandina, riding past Victorian mansions, a beautifully preserved Civil War fort and the bustling harbor front or take a leisurely ride under moss-covered ancient oaks to American Beach to visit NaNa, Florida’s tallest dune. This family activity is sure to please all ages.
10) Your own Culinary Adventure. Situated at the ocean’s edge, AAA Five Diamond restaurant Salt is the perfect setting for a special family dinner. Salt is the only Five Diamond dining in northern Florida and takes its name from Chef Rick Laughlin’s inspiration from elements of the earth and sea. For the ultimate experience, guests can enjoy a chef’s adventure tasting menu that weaves together artful presentations and tantalizing aromas. For a more relaxed family ambience, Coast restaurant features the finest locally-sourced Atlantic seafood prepared with a regional American flair.
No matter how travelers choose to spend their family time, their stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island will provide endless opportunities to share special moments that create memories of a lifetime and bring family together.
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island is celebrating spring and summer getaways with a Stay Longer Package. In addition to luxurious overnight accommodations and coastal views, guests will enjoy a $50 daily resort credit that can be used in the resort outlets and savings of up to 30% per night, along with the genuine care of the Ladies and Gentlemen and relaxed ambience of the premier property. For information and reservations, please visit www.ritzcarlton.com/ameliaisland or call 904-277-1100.