AG is rolling out the red carpet for the Tuber Melanosporum, more commonly known as the Fresh Black Winter Truffle, harvested from the heart of Périgord, France.
Executive Sous Chef Gilles Schreiber has carefully worked with the flavor, texture and aroma of the Fresh Black Winter Truffle to develop an exclusive menu available for guests through January. The delicate balance comes into play when the truffle is heated, enhancing the taste to be slightly peppery. Unlike white truffles, black truffles are celebrated for their aroma becoming more intense when cooked with the dish.
This luxurious ingredient will be found in AG’s Fresh Black Winter Truffle Menu or may be added to any dish of the guest’s choice at $18 per gram, delicately shaved tableside for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The menu features:
- Slowly Cooked King Salmon, Truffle Mashed Potato, Brussel Sprouts, Truffle Vinaigrette, $55
- Yellow Chanterelle Mushroom Risotto, $48
- Butternut Squash Ravioli, Mushroom Truffle Jus, $46
These dishes will leave lasting impressions with each mouthful. Guests can elevate their meal with a flight or glass of wine from Sommelier, Brian White’s hand-selected list of reserve bottles from Italy and France. All are available in one and two ounce pours as well as by half and full glass.
White Reserve Wines
- 2010 Chateau Mouton-Rothschild Aile d’Argent, Bordeaux Blanc, France
- 2008 Domaine Bonneau du Martray, Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru, Burgundy, France
Red Reserve Wines
- 1997 Hospice de Beaune Cuvee Madeleine Collignon, Mazis-Chambertin Grand Cru, Burgundy, France
- 1999 Camerano Gold Label Barolo DOCG, Piedmont, Italy
- 2009 Château Lassègue Grand Cru Saint Emilion, Bordeaux, France
- 2010 Arcanum Tuscan Red Blend IGT, Italy
For reservations and information, please call 404.221.6550.