Public Relations Manager
The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin
Potsdamer Platz 3
Phone: +49 30 33 777 6026
Fax: +49 30 33 777 5001 email@example.com
The hotel on Potsdamer Platz was Thomas Munko, Chief Concierge of The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin and President of the Concierge Association Les Clefs d´Or Germany, offers insider tips for a successful summer in Berlin
Berlin, May 12, 2016 – The Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin not only offer guests from all over the world unforgettable memories and the highest level of personal service, but also share their wide-ranging knowledge of the German capital with them. The pivotal point of this knowledge is the Concierge of the Grand Hotel, whose Chief Concierge, Thomas Munko (40), is also the President of the German Section of the International Concierge Association Les Clefs d’Or. With their repertoire of recommendations Thomas Munko and his team offer guests of The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin unforgettable summer impressions of the capital city.
“Berlin is a city that is brought to life in the summer months, when it’s the perfect time to experience the diverse culture and vibrant atmosphere of Germany’s capital. With a unique programme of events taking place each year, the city takes on a whole new dimension, when residents and visitors alike can enjoy the wealth of summer activities.” commented Thomas Munko. Here he shares ten insider tips for a successful visit to Berlin:
Summer events – open air activities and concerts
1. Open Air Classic – from 21st to 25th of July, 2016 the Gendarmenmarkt transforms into an open air opera that includes both classical and modern melodies. This year the Open Air Classic will be celebrating its 25th anniversary with an impressive light and fireworks show.
2. German Traber Derby – in accordance with time-honoured tradition this year too there will be a Traber Derby in Berlin-Mariendorf, which will take place from 30th July to 7th August. This year, in addition to the thrills and applause of the race, there will be an exciting children’s programme, culinary highlights and a fashion show.
3. A botanical evening – on 16th July, 2016, beginning at 5 pm., the Dahlem Botanical Gardens will bring a Caribbean flair to Berlin. Visitors have until 2 am in the morning to take part in a discovery tour of the flora of the garden or relax in a deck chair in the middle of this oasis of green.
4. An opera for everyone – on 9th July, 2016 Bebelplatz and Unter den Linden Straße will become a gathering place for classical music lovers. As a highlight of the Berlin summer cultural life the Berlin State Opera invites one and all to hear classical music under the open sky starting at 6 pm.
Sun worshippers – Berlin and its surrounding area during splendid weather
5. Haubentaucher – the Open Air Club Haubentaucher is to be found in the young people’s quarter Friedrichshain. During the summer sun lovers go there to enjoy the modern and hip ambience of the pool area.
6. Open Air Gallery – on 5th June and 3rd July the Oberbaumbrücke in the Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg quarter transforms into an authentic festival for art lovers. From 10 am to 8 pm the Open Air Gallery offers a sweeping boulevard of various works that invite visitors to discuss and exchange opinions with one another.
7. The Thaiwiese in Preußenpark – a culinary highlight of the summer is the Thaiwiese in Preußenpark Wilmersdorf. On weekends lovers of gastronomy can partake in freshly prepared, authentic Thai specialties.
Sightseeing – classic city sites
8. Brandenburg Gate – Today this Berlin landmark with its famous Quadriga once again connects the eastern and western parts of the city and is only a fifteen-minute walk away from The Ritz Carlton, Berlin.
9. The Berlin Wall Memorial – the Berlin Wall Memorial on Bernauer Straße is the central place of remembrance for the formerly divided Germany. Here visitors will still find original parts of the Berlin Wall and the former “death strip.”
10. Reichstag – in front of the modern glass dome of the master architect Sir Norman Foster you can see the plenary hall of the German parliament and, if the weather is good, a remarkable view of the city itself.
For guests who truly want to get to know Berlin in depth, The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin has created the programme “Discover with you”. This package includes a night in a superior room, as well as a breakfast in the Brasserie Desbrosses and can be booked beginning at 295.00 Euro. Moreover, the guests receive a welcoming gift based on a Berlin-inspired theme and a 40 Euro voucher that can be used anywhere in the hotel. This year too a summer highlight is the Sun Terrace of the Brasserie Desbrosses, which offers the opportunity to sunbathe with a view of the Tiergarten. For further information see www.ritzcarlton.com/de/hotels/germany/berlin.