Skip to Content

The Adjoining Tower

The adjoining tower, also designed by McKim, Mead and White, was added in 1923, and was originally eight stories high. In 1931, the tower was wrapped in steel and marble to reach a height of thirty stories. This building housed The Girard Trust bank offices and board rooms. What today is The Ritz-Carlton Club Lounge was formerly the Executive Board Room of Girard Trust. The brass clock and original lighting fixtures still remain, as does the original carved wood paneling. This paneling is made out of French walnut, a wood that is now extinct.

In addition to The Ritz-Carlton Club Lounge, the adjoining tower is home to all 299 newly renovated guest rooms and suites, including the opulent Ritz-Carlton Suite featuring two bedrooms, two and half bathrooms, a personal elevator, full kitchen, washer and dryer and spacious living and dining areas.