Tom Yum Dim Sum
Tom Yum Paste - Ingredients 8/12 – 500 gr. Shrimp 200 gr. Scallop 100 gr. Snow Pea 100 gr. Red Capsicum 100 gr. Yellow Capsicum Tom Yum Paste - Method
1. Cut shrimp and scallops into small dices
2. Cut snow pea, red capsicum, yellow capsicum into small dices
3. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well adding tom yum paste, season to taste
4. Place in the fridge until ready to use and start making the wrappers
Dim Sum Dough - Ingredients
0.04 ltr. Warm Water 75 gr. Potato Starch 75 gr. Wheat Starch
Dim Sum Dough - Methods
1. Put potato starch and wheat starch in a mixing bowl, then add warm water and mix it well. 2. Roll the dough into a round shape, portion to 40 pcs. around 1 cm each.
3. Don't let the wrapper dry without cover, you can use a wet towel or cling film to protect them.
4.Place the wrappers onto a clean work area and place a small spoonful of the shrimp and scallops in the centre of each wrapper. Fold the wrappers over the scallop and prawn mixture to create a circle.
5. Press the edges of the wrapper together with damp fingers to seal the wrapper parcels and crimp the edges.
6. Place the parcels into a bamboo steamer over a pan of simmering water and cover.
7. Steam for 4-5 minutes, or until the prawn mixture is completely cooked
through. Remove from the steamer and serve immediately.