Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the price of additional nights at the hotel?
A: Additional nights before and after the event may be secured, price subject to availability.
Q: May I upgrade to the Ritz-Carlton Club® Level?
A: Yes, Club accommodations are available for an additional $150 per night.
Q: May I upgrade to a Suite?
A: Yes, Suite accommodations are available, price subject to availability.
Q: Is parking included?
A: Valet parking is $70 per vehicle for overnight (24 hours) $60 per vehicle for day parking (up to 10 hours) No in/out privileges.
Q: Can I use my Rewards points to redeem this experience?
A: The 2017 Grand Slam® Tournament Tennis event with Stan Smith is an opportunity to earn Ritz-Carlton Rewards points, not redeem them.
Q: How many Ritz-Carlton Rewards points do I earn for attending the 2017 Grand Slam® Tournament Tennis event with Stan Smith?
A: Guests earn 10 points for every $1 USD of the guest room rate charge, $465 For Deluxe Guest Rooms; $540 for Statue of Liberty View Rooms.
Q: What time does the event begin?
A: The cocktail reception and opportunity to mingle with Stan Smith will commence at 7:00 PM EST on September 8 in Rise at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park.
Q: What is suitable attire?
A: Cocktail attire for the reception and smart casual attire for the Grand Slam® Tournament event, based on weather conditions.
Q: What is the cost for single occupancy?
A: Single occupancy packages are available at $2510 per person.
Q: What time are each of the events taking place?
A: The dates/times of each of the package’s events are:
- Cocktail Reception in Rise: September 8, 7- 8 pm
- Transportation to Grand Slam® Tournament departs: September 9, 11 am from the hotel
- Grand Slam® Tournament Men’s Doubles Final followed by Women’s Singles Final: September 9, 12 noon
- Guided Tour of USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center: September 9, time permitting, post Men’s Doubles Final
- Return Transportation to Hotel from Grand Slam® Tournament, September 9, approximately 5:30 pm, after Women’s Singles Final Awards Presentation
Q: May I take photos from my camera or cell phone or obtain autographs from Stan Smith at the event?
A: Unfortunately, no photos or autographs will be permitted to be taken by guests. However, a designated hotel photographer will be on hand to capture guest memories at the event.
Q: In the event that the Grand Slam® Tournament Finals are canceled due to rain or other inclement weather conditions, will our box seat tickets still be valid and can the event package be refunded?
A: In the event that the Men’s Doubles and Women’s Singles Finals are canceled due to rain or other inclement weather conditions, the original tickets will be honored for the rescheduled match sessions. The Rewards event package (overnight room stay, cocktail event, etc.) cannot be refunded. As of 2016, Arthur Ashe stadium has an automated roof, in case of rain or inclement weather.
Q: The following list of items that you can bring into the stadium as well as helpful tips regarding attending the Grand Slam® Tournament:
- We encourage you to arrive early to avoid delays and help speed the entry of all spectators.
- All fans will go through a screening process before passing through the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center entry gates.
- There will be a limit of one bag per person admitted onto the grounds.
- All bags are subject to search and cannot be larger than 12"W x 12"H x 16"L.
- There will be no bag storage on the grounds. For a nominal charge, there is a bag storage facility located outside the East Gate and South Gate entrances.
- Speed lines for those fans without bags will be available at all gates.
- The following items are prohibited and MAY NOT be brought onto the premises:
- Backpacks o Hard coolers or like containers
- Sealed packages of any kind o Bottles or cans (glass or metal)
- Aerosol cans (i.e. sunscreen) or noisemaking devices
- Alcohol o Video cameras or recording devices
- Computers or laptops o Food (except in limited quantities, or for medical, dietary or infant purposes)
- Animals (unless a service animal)
- Flags, banners or signs
- Any materials constituting unauthorized advertising or promotion
- Laser pointing devices
- Tennis racquets
- Drones (UAS-Unmanned Aircraft Systems) or other model aircraft
- "Selfie" sticks or other telescopic devices
- Any other items deemed inappropriate or dangerous by the Grand Slam® Tournament personnel, in their sole discretion
Your cooperation, patience and understanding are greatly appreciated as we enhance and expand our security efforts to make your visit to the Grand Slam® Tournament safe and enjoyable.
Every fan plays an important part in making sure that the experience is fun for all. We want you to have fun and be safe while you’re here, we want you to leave happy – and look forward to coming back! With that goal in mind, all fans are expected to comply with the following Guest Code of Conduct while at the Grand Slam® Tournament:
- Shirts and footwear are required to be worn at all times
- Do not wear any clothing or accessories with indecent, inappropriate, or offensive messaging or imagery
- Refrain from the use of foul, abusive, offensive or inappropriate language or gestures, and any inappropriate behavior that creates a disruptive atmosphere for other guests
- Do not enter upon any tennis court
- Consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible and lawful manner
- Do not use fan/user based video streaming apps and video recording devices to record on-court action or activities
- Show your ticket upon request and only sit in your designated seat, where applicable
- Follow instructions from event staff regarding event operations or emergency procedures
- Umbrellas may not be in the open position during play
- Refrain from smoking, as this is a smoke-free environment