What is the role of The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes Wedding Team?
Our Weddings Team consists of Wedding Sales Consultants and Wedding Service Managers. In your initial planning stage, our Wedding Sales Consultant will:
- Check availability for preferred dates
- Tour wedding locations to assist in selecting the most appropriate venue to meet your needs
- Design an estimated proposal of costs inclusive of food, beverage, and ceremony rental fees
- Establish preferred room rates and your guest room block
- Create a Wedding Agreement to secure your date and location(s)
Once your Wedding Agreement has been returned, our Wedding Services Manager will:
- Design your event
- Recommend Wedding Vendors in such areas as wedding planning, floral design, photography, videography, officiant, entertainment, invitations, and wedding attire
- Act as a liaison between your wedding vendors and the hotel
- Design your floor plan inclusive of such items as tables, dance floor, bars, and wedding cake table
- Partner with our Culinary Team to customize your personal wedding menu
- Monitor your guest room block
- Create an estimate of charges outlining your financial commitment and deposit schedule
- Detail your Banquet Event Order and Wedding “Resume” outlining your event specifics
- to communicate all aspects of your wedding to the hotel
- Oversee Ceremony and Reception set-up, food preparation, and other hotel operations
- Review the accuracy of the banquet check, prior to the completion of your final bill
What additional wedding items does The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes provide?
In addition to banquet tables, chairs, and china, the hotel offers a complimentary selection of specialty linen, charger plates, menu cards, dance floor, staging, and cocktail table centerpieces. We can also assist in renting upgraded items such as specialty chairs, upgraded linens, and specialty china.
We are also able to assist you with scheduling tuxedo fittings and dress pressing services in your room.
What wedding activities are available for my guests?
Get ready for your big day by relaxing in our Spa. We can assist you in planning everything from a day of rejuvenation before the wedding, hair and makeup services, or a party in our luxurious pedicure suite.
While some members of the wedding party may relax at the Spa, you can invite others to participate in a golf tournament, fishing, or even eco-tours! Your guests can enjoy an entire weekend filled with activities ensuring memories last a lifetime.
Do you have a florist on-site?
Our Grande Lakes Floral Team is located on-site and may provide you with the utmost care in personal customization of floral décor for your entire wedding event, even if your ceremony takes place off the property. Costs vary.
I’d like to welcome my guests staying at the hotel with something special. Can the hotel assist me with this?
Our Amenity Coordinator will work with you in designing personal welcome gifts, favors, and wedding party gifts. We strive to create meaningful gifts that envelop your personality. Cost may vary per amenity.
What is helpful to know when contacting the hotel?
The most helpful information for your Wedding Sales Consultant is knowing an approximate number of guests, what time of day you may be interested in, as well as a range of preferred dates.
May I plan a ceremony only at the hotel?
The hotel offers ceremony-only packages (Signature Weddings) for parties of 35 guests or less. For larger weddings, the hotel ceremony locations are reserved exclusively for weddings holding a reception at the hotel.
How do we obtain a Florida Marriage License?
A Florida Marriage License can be obtained through any Florida Clerk of the Court office. Couples must present a social security number and one of the following: a valid driver’s license, a certified copy of a birth certificate, passport, or military identification. If either or both of you are divorced, a date of the prior marriage ending is required. At the time of application, couples must read the handbook provided by the Clerk and sign a statement of completion. The cost for the license is $93.50 unless a pre-marital preparation course is completed at least 12 months prior to the application, in which the license fee is then $32.50. For in-state residents, a three-day waiting period is required before the license is valid. For out-of-state residents, no waiting period is required.
What happens if we book an outside venue and the weather does not cooperate?
All events that are booked outdoors will automatically be reserved with a backup location. Your indoor venue will be guaranteed 30 days prior to your wedding and typically takes place in one of our beautiful ballrooms.
May I take wedding photographs on the hotel property?
Wedding photography is only allowed exclusively for couples getting married at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes.
What is the typical timeline for planning my wedding at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes?
Initial Planning Stage (approximately, but not limited, to 6 – 12 months prior)
- Contact our Wedding Sales Consultant to check availability and tour locations
- Reserve your wedding date by having your Wedding Sales Consultant create a Wedding Agreement detailing your date, time, location, room block, and deposit schedule
- Return your Wedding Agreement within one week with a 25% non-refundable deposit
Detail Planning Stage (from contract signing to 1 month prior)
- Complete your Wedding Planning Guide provided by your Wedding Services Manager
- Research and book wedding vendors
- Design your wedding menu and room layout with your Wedding Services Manager
- Provide a 50% non-refundable deposit 60 days prior to your wedding date
- Book Spa, Golf, and other guest activities
Final Planning Stage (approximately one month prior to wedding day)
- Provide a final deposit based on estimated charges 21 days prior
- Sign and return Banquet Event Orders detailing all food and beverage for your wedding at least 2 weeks prior
- Provide a final guest count to your Wedding Services Manager 72 business hours in advance
May we bring in an outside caterer?
All events at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes are catered by our exceptional culinary team. Specialty cuisines such as Indian are available and we encourage you to speak with our Wedding Sales Consultant about additional culinary options.
I am having a “Green” wedding. Do you provide any special menus?
Absolutely! In our current menus, many of our items are organic as our standard, such as all of our salad greens. In addition, our Culinary Team can create an entire wedding menu of organic food and wines.
What will my reception cost?
Typical dinner reception pricing for butler passed hors d’oeuvre, a plated or buffet dinner, open bar, champagne toast, and wedding cake may range from $198 - $225 per person exclusive of tax and service charge. Lunch receptions may range from $155 - $175 per person exclusive of tax and service charges. Pricing is guaranteed six months in advance and may vary depending on the actual menu selection.