From the moment of arrival, we welcome kids to The Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common by encouraging them to explore the sights and sounds of the Boston family hotel and its environment. Guided by playfulness and a sense of wonder, Ritz Kids delights and engages your children to interact with their surroundings in a fresh and exciting way, while introducing them to the four important pillars of Ritz Kids discovery: Water, Land, Environmental Responsibility and Culture.
Red Wagon Warm Welcome
Children enjoy our red wagon warm welcome. Our lobby staff loads a red wagon with toys that children can pick to take with them as they check-in to the hotel.
The Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common offers junior guests a variety of special services and amenities, including:
- Infant toiletry and safety items available through housekeeping
- Cribs and high chairs available through housekeeping
- Children’s coloring book menu available in all restaurants and through in-room dining
- Ritz Kids® Healthy Taste Menus, providing healthy, tasty treats for children
- Scavenger hunt through the hotel, and special welcome gift
New England Aquarium
Conveniently located on Boston’s waterfront, the New England Aquarium features more than 20,000 animals of 600 different species. Highlights include the 4-story, 200,000 gallon Giant Ocean Tank that recreates a Caribbean coral reef environment, complete with sharks, seaturtles, rays and fish; the penguin exhibit, featuring three species and more than 60 birds; and the Edge of the Sea tidepool touch tank, where visitors of any age can interact hands-on with sea stars, horseshoe crabs, sea urchins, periwinkles and more. The New England Aquarium is also home to the Simons IMAX Theatre, featuring IMAX 3D technology.
New England Aquarium
Boston, MA 02110
1.12 miles / 5 minutesWebsite
Boston Duck Tour
"One big splash and the rest is history!" This fully narrated historic tour takes place in authentic WWI amphibious vehicles through the streets of Boston and into the Charles River. The fun begins as soon as you board!
Operating seven days a week, the tours depart rain or shine, 7 days a week, every 30 minutes starting at 9 a.m. The last tour leaves an hour before sunset.
Boston Duck Tours has two convenient departure points:
- The Museum of Science
- The Prudential Center in Boston's Back Bay (Huntington Avenue)
Boston Children’s Museum
Boston Children’s Museum’s exhibits and programs emphasize hands-on engagement and learning through experience, employing play as a tool to spark the inherent creativity, curiosity, and imagination of children. Designed for children and families, Museum exhibits focus on science, culture, environmental awareness, health & fitness, and the arts.
308 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02210
Museum of Science
The Science Museum is a world-renowned educational institution with over 400 interactive participatory exhibits featuring live animal and physical science demonstrations, courses, traveling exhibits, a computer center, the Mugar Omni Theater, and Charles Hayden Planetarium. 600 interactive exhibits let visitors explore the world around them, daily live presentations, science theatre and 15 foot lightning bolts. The Museum offers a number of special exhibitions & theater shows throughout the year.
Boston, MA 02114
2.67 miles /10 minutesWebsite
Boston's Freedom Trail is a red (mostly brick) path through downtown Boston which leads to sixteen significant historical sites. The 2.5 mile (4 km) walk from the Boston Common to the Bunker Hill Monument in Charlestown is popular with tourists. Part of the Freedom Trail overlaps with the much longer Boston Harbor Walk. The Freedom Trail is a unit of Boston National Historical Parks.
The Freedom Trail is open to the public, and for your convenience, maps may be found at the concierge. 90-minute guided tours are available from the Freedom Trail Foundation, departing from Fanueil Hall Marketplace or the Visitors Information Center on the Boston Common.Website
To the Moon and Back
Valid through December 31, 2014
Starting at $2,275 USD per night
Inspired by Boston Children's Museum's upcoming My Sky summer exhibition, The Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common is delighted to offer aspiring, young astronomers a suite that takes them "To The Moon and Back."
Package is subject to availability and cannot be combined with any other offer. Advance reservations are required; rates do not apply to groups. Rates listed are per room, per night, single or double occupancy, and exclusive of taxes, gratuities and other charges unless otherwise noted. Hotel and resort credits cannot be used toward room rate, tax, resort fee or gratuities. Credit cannot be reimbursed or exchanged if not used. Credit must be used during stay.
- Overnight accommodations in a luxury park view suite
- A welcome picnic basket filled with snacks
- Four (4) tickets to Boston Children’s Museum My Sky exhibition
- Turndown amenity for children and adults
- Personalized star registry
- A stuffed owl for each child
- Overnight valet parking
The Nutcracker Suite Package
Valid Friday, November 28, 2014 through Sunday, December 28, 2014
Starting at $995 per weeknight; $1,295 per weekend night
Experience the magic of the holidays with our exclusive package that includes:
The Nutcracker Suite package is available Friday, November 28, 2014 through Sunday, December 28, 2014. Rate is per room/per night, based on single or double occupancy, exclusive of taxes, gratuities, fees and other charges; does not apply to groups; cannot be combined with any other offer and is not applicable for Rewards redemption. Advance reservations are required. No refund or credit for unused portion. Void where prohibited.
- Overnight accommodations in a custom-designed suite with decor inspired by Boston Ballet’s The Nutcracker. Suite design is courtesy of Be Our Guest, Michael Barnum Studio and Winston Flowers with exclusive gifts from American Girl. Master bedroom features a king bed; connecting double room is a magic-inspired children’s room.
- Teddy Bear tuck-in service with a holiday pastry treat
- Satin pointe shoe, autographed by a Boston Ballet company dancer
- CD recording of The Nutcracker, performed by the Boston Ballet Orchestra and Music director Jonathan McPhee
- A Sugar Plum inspired bubble bath from the Land of the Sweets drawn by The Ritz-Carlton Bath Butler
- A personalized American Girl shopping experience for four including casual in-store dining
- Customized American Girl photo frame and Isabelle DVD
- Overnight valet parking
|Discover Ritz Kids, with fun and inspirational content created by Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ocean Futures Society. Learn more.