What do I need to know before contacting the hotel?
- It is important to know an estimated number of guests, preferred date and time, and an approximate budget for your wedding. If possible, choose a few alternate dates. For further flexibility on our availability and pricing, it may be worthwhile to consider an alternate day of the week/weekend, time of day, month or season.
Suggestions for planning my wedding?
- We suggest creating a vision board. Either clip pictures from magazines or use a digitial app like Pinterst and make notes about what you have liked (and even disliked) at other weddings you have attended. This will help your Special Events Manager propose options for you based on your preferences and will also help you in selecting the appropriate flowers, cake, room décor and other special touches to make it uniquely your own.
- We highly recommend hiring a Wedding Planner to assist with managing vendors, timelines, and logistics. They can handle all the behind-the-scenes details, ensuring that everything runs smoothly and seamlessly, so you can focus on enjoying your special day with your loved ones.
How far in advance should I reserve the date?
- Weddings generally book 6 months to one year in advance; however, it is also dependent on the time of year and size of your party.
Who will be my main contact to assist me with my wedding planning?
- Our Catering Sales Manager will provide you a proposal with the availability and rates for your wedding. She will meet with you upon request for an initial site visit to show you around our lakeside resort. Once your wedding has been confirmed, a Special Events Manager will guide you through the important stages of designing the wedding of your dreams.
How do I get a Marriage License in Georgia?
- Visit any county courthouse in Georgia to obtain the marriage license if either party is a Georgia resident. If neither party is a resident of Georgia, the application must be made in the county where the marriage ceremony is to be performed. The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee is located in Greene County. Both bride and groom must be present to obtain the license.
- Bring certified copies of birth certificates and current photo identification issued by a state or federal government entity or a valid passport from any country with you to the courthouse.
- Present an original certified copy of a divorce decree if either party has been previously married and divorced within the last 12 months. (Some counties require a final divorce decree no matter how long you have been divorced.)
- Pay the license fee and head for the altar. (Some counties will only accept cash.) There is no waiting period for getting married in Georgia.
Greene County Courthouse
113 N. Main Street, Suite 113
Greensboro, Georgia 30642
Phone: (706) 453-3346
Hours of Operation:
8 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
8 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Wednesday