Let our expert Wedding Specialist guide you through every detail in planning your event to make all your wedding dreams come true. Please contact The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte via email to arrange for a wedding consultation or request wedding information.
What is the role of The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte Weddings Team?
The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte weddings team consists of highly regarded expert wedding sales consultants and wedding service managers. As you begin your planning, your wedding sales consultant will:
- Tour the hotel and wedding locations to assist in selecting the most appropriate venue to meet your needs and fulfill your vision
- Check availability for preferred wedding dates
- Design an estimated proposal of costs inclusive of food, beverage, and ceremony rental fee (if applicable)
- Establish preferred hotel room rates and your guest room block
- Create a wedding agreement to secure your date and location(s)
Once your wedding agreement is signed and returned with your initial deposit, you will continue planning with your wedding services manager who will:
- Recommend wedding vendors in such areas as wedding coordination, floral design, photography, videography, ceremony officiant, entertainment, invitations, and bridal attire
- Act as a liaison between your wedding vendors and the hotel
- Design your floor plan inclusive of such items as tables, dance floor, bars, and wedding cake table
- Partner with our culinary team to customize your personal wedding menu
- Monitor your guest room block and status of reservations
- Create an estimate of charges outlining your financial commitment and deposit schedule
- Detail your Banquet Event Order and Wedding Resume outlining your event specifics to communicate all aspects of your wedding to the hotel
- Oversee ceremony and reception set-up, food preparation, and other hotel operations
- Review accuracy of banquet check, prior to the completion of your final bill
What additional wedding items does The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte provide?
The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte provides banquet and cocktail tables, chairs, china, and glassware. In addition, we offer complimentary linen, charger plates, dance floor, and staging. Our wedding experts can also assist in renting upgraded items such as specialty chairs, upgraded linens, and specialty china.
Photography and Music
May we take our wedding photographs at the hotel if we are not hosting our reception there?
We do not permit photographs to be taken in any public area of the hotel that might interfere with another guest’s experience, such as the hotel lobby, staircases, lounges or restaurants.
What kind of music is available?
Your wedding specialist can assist you in the selection of live musicians/band or the services of a Disc Jockey.
Our menu is important to us. How will your culinary team meet our needs?
The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte boasts a highly regarded culinary team consisting of a variety of cuisine talents and abilities. Each weddings is custom designed by our Wedding Professionals and Chefs, specifically our menus. We welcome you to share your vision of food and beverage with our staff so we may best fit your needs.
May we bring in an outside caterer?
Our exceptional culinary team caters all events at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte. Specialty cuisines are available and we encourage you to speak with our Wedding Professionals about your specific needs.
Are there minimum food and beverage requirements for my wedding?
Each of our ballrooms requires a food and beverage minimum expenditure exclusive of tax and service charge. Your Wedding Sales Consultant will discuss with you the best venue for your guest count and the respective minimum expenditure. Minimum expenditures may be subject to change for Thursday, Friday and Sunday weddings. A ceremony rental fee is applicable to ceremonies taking place at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte.
What is required by the state of North Carolina for a legal wedding ceremony?
In most circumstances you may apply for a marriage license at any NC county clerk office where you plan to be married. These offices are usually located in the county probate court or circuit court. This document outlines the procedures you must follow to obtain your license.
What do I need to know before contacting the hotel?
You should know the estimated number of guests, a date, and an approximate budget for your event. If possible, choose a few alternative dates in case your first choice is not available.
How far in advance should I reserve the date?
Although Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte anticipates filling the most popular dates as far as two years in advance, other dates are typically available with less notice. Contact the hotel for more information about available dates.
When do I need to tell The Ritz-Carlton exactly how many guests will be attending my wedding?
The hotel requires the final guarantee of attendants to be communicated to the catering office no later than noon at least three (7) business days prior to the date of your scheduled event. If the guaranteed number is not provided, the billing will be for the greater of the following: (1) The number of persons for which the party was originally booked or (2) The number of persons in attendance. The hotel will prepare and set for five percent above the guarantee, if requested.
Do the bride and groom get a complimentary room for the wedding night?
The hotel provides a complimentary Luxury Suite for the bride and groom on the night of their wedding. The complimentary Luxury Suite is offered with a minimum of 100 guests in attendance at the reception.
Are there special room rates for wedding guests?
For family and friends of the wedding party, The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte will be happy to quote preferential rates, based upon availability.
What local laws affect events at The Ritz-Carlton?
- No alcoholic beverages may be served after 2 a.m., and they cannot be served before noon on Sundays.
- All alcohol must be dispensed by a Ritz-Carlton-designated employee.
- It is unlawful for any person to sell, give, serve or permit to be served alcoholic beverages to a person under 21 years of age or to permit a person under 21 years of age to consume such beverages on the licensed premises.
May I use outside vendors?
You may use outside vendors for your music, photography, flowers, etc.
Are there any guidelines or requirements for using outside vendors?
The hotel requires a certificate of insurance as well as a signed vendor agreement that is provided from the hotel.
Do you have a list of preferred vendors?
Your Ritz-Carlton wedding professional can offer suggested vendors.