Welcome to The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte
The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte blends contemporary décor and a flair for innovation to immerse guests in a well-appointed luxury escape. Herbs and honey from the LEED® Gold-certified property’s rooftop garden garnish culinary delights at Bar Cocoa and K Lounge, and the Spa whisks guests away to dramatic skyline views and pink Himalayan salt therapy. This luxury hotel in Charlotte, North Carolina is perfect for families, couples, business executives, and groups, each destined to enjoy an unforgettable experience just steps from the city’s cultural heart.
Taste of Local Offerings
The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, nestled in the heart of the vibrant Uptown neighborhood, offers five-star luxury with distinctly local touches. Works from regional artists adorn rooms and suites, local offerings flavor Honor Bar selections, and culinary delights are crafted with homegrown herbs and honey from the hotel's rooftop garden and local farms in Charlotte, NC.
Part boutique, part tasting room, this wood-paneled space offers a hand-curated collection of wines including exclusive pre-releases. Pairings feature selections from the cheese humidor.
Renovated luxury hotel accommodations with views of downtown Charlotte.
Bi-level penthouse spa with organic treatments, a salt room and Aqua Lounge.
The Punch Room available for private events.
Lively lobby scene with BLT Steak, K Lounge and Bar Cocoa.
12,000 sq. ft. of meeting space and an innovative Design Studio for planners.
Urban Garden with three settings for weddings, meetings and social functions.
The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte is the first LEED Gold-certified hotel for greater Charlotte and The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. The hotel offers a Bike Valet, electric vehicle charging station, and incorporated many sustainable design and construction features.
Culinary Responsibility & the Urban Cultivator
All hotel dining and beverage menus incorporate organic, local and 100% natural products. K Lounge culinary choices include light fare, signature martinis, cocktails, wines, coffees and flavored teas.
Sustainable Practices and Design
The following are highlights of the hotel’s environmentally-mindful features and practices:
- The hotel building uses 30% less energy than a conventional hotel through use of ultra-efficient materials and the latest construction technology. On Saturday evenings, the hotel briefly dims its Lobby lighting in a salute to candle power and simpler, more energy-efficient ways of illumination.
- Guest room air quality is optimized by circulating large amounts of outside air into rooms and suites, and interior use of low-emitting volatile organic compound (VOC) paints, adhesives, and carpets consistently reduces indoor air contamination.
- Water usage is reduced by 35% by the use of high-efficiency plumbing fixtures, saving approximately 700,000 gallons of water per year. Additionally, all irrigation for hotel plants utilizes captured rainwater from 1 Bank of America Center storage tanks.
- More than 80% of the hotel’s construction waste was recycled, diverting 3,900 tons of debris from area landfills.
- Leather products utilized in the hotel have been created with recycled leather. Additionally, FSC (Forest Stewardship Council)-certified sapele logs are utilized by the hotel – a rarity in the United States. This sustainable wood is used in multiple places throughout the property.
- Regional vendors and artists are used by the hotel to reduce transportation and packaging for its celebrated art collection.
- A Regeneration Suiting produce line (suits made out of recycled two-liter plastic bottles_ is used in uniform selection for various departments.
- A comprehensive recycling program is visible throughout the hotel, and hotel-printed materials are produced on post-consumer waste recycled paper.
- Meeting room tables were designed and constructed using recycled aluminum. Environmentally-friendly meetings are a standard at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte.
- A Natura® Water Filtration program is in place to provide and contain purified still and sparking water for meeting attendees. The system reduces the hotel’s carbon footprint by decreasing the energy and resources needed to transport, store, and dispose of plastic bottles. For individual guests, Prima water bottles are provided and are made from 100% plant materials.
- The hotel conducts regular community activities focused on environmental conservation, including city clean-up projects and community recycling days for consumer electronics, used athletic shoes, and bicycles. In honor of past Earth Days and Earth Weeks, The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte has hosted local elementary school children and their chaperones for an organic lunch and environmental tour of the hotel and its green roof. Further property activities have included a city clean-up initiative by hotel employees, planting of green roofs on structures adjacent to the hotel’s own roof, operation of a community electronics recycling drive, and a regional farmers’ market open to the public and presented alongside the hotel on Earth Day.
The Bike Valet
Bike Valets at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte offer bicycles for complimentary guest use. Bikes are first-come, first-served. For more information on local destinations, browse our visitor's guide.
The Spa & Wellness Center
The Spa & Wellness Center at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte incorporates treatments utilizing 100% organic products and also features a bromine-treated swimming pool designed to avoid the effects of traditional harsh pool chemicals.
Agrarian experiences at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte has expanded, thanks to the extensive recently-doubled Rooftop Garden. Output from the garden is available not only to property chefs and mixologists, but also to hotel guests via the new Lobby Farmers Market and Community Garden.
The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte
201 East Trade Street, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, 28202
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 pm
Minimum Age to Check In: 21
Smoke Free Property
Pets Not Allowed
No pets allowed-service animals only
Day parking: $25
Accepts: Cash, Credit Cards
Concierge desk service
Property has elevators
Languages spoken by staff:
English, Spanish, Creole, French
For more information about the physical features of our accessible rooms, common areas or special services relating to a specific disability please call +1 704-547-2244
Property has elevators
Service Animals are Welcome
Entrance to On-Site Business Center is Accessible
Entrance to On-Site Spa is Accessible
Main Entrance is Accessible
Meeting Spaces are Accessible
Room and Suites Access through the Interior Corridor
Adjustable Height Hand-Held Shower Wand
Bathtub Grab Rails
Closed Caption TV
Deadbolts on Guest Room and Suites Doors
Electronic Room Key
Guest Room and Suites Doors Self-Closing
Guests in mobility-accessible rooms may inquire about lowering the bed height
Hearing Accessible Rooms and/or Kits
Lever Handles on Guest Room Doors
Lowered Deadbolts on Guest Room Doors
Lowered Electrical Outlets
Mobility accessible rooms
Non-slip Grab Rails in the Bathroom
Safety Chains and/or Latches on Guest Doors
Toilet Seat at Wheelchair Height - Toilet for Disabled
Viewports in Guest Room and Suites Doors
TripAdvisor GreenLeaders Certified
LEED: New Construction Certified
Carbon Footprint: 130.42 kg per room night
Water Footprint: 571.34 liters per room night
Guest Room Recycling
Electric car charging