What do I need to know before contacting the hotel?
- We welcome you to contact us at any time! However, if you know the estimated number of guests, preferred date(s), and an approximate budget for your event, we will be able to better assist you.
How far in advance should I reserve the date?
- Although The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland often fills popular dates far in advance, dates may be available with less notice. You should reserve the date as soon as you would like to comfort in knowing the date is held for you and no one else. Contact the hotel for more information about availability.
What is the minimum cost per person for food and beverage for my wedding at The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland?
- Based on our current banquet menus, you may expect to spend a minimum of $145 per person, exclusive of service charge and sales tax. This includes hors d’oeuvres, a plated meal, wedding cake enhancements, and an open, hosted bar for the event. Your final menu pricing will be based on your actual selections."
When are the deposits due?
- To secure your event with us, we respectfully require a non-refundable deposit(s) followed by the estimated balance payable ten business days prior to the event. Payments may be made with a major credit card or certified check only.
When do I need to tell The Ritz-Carlton exactly how many guests will be attending my wedding?
- Your wedding professional must be notified of the exact number of guests attending a function at least 72 working hours prior to the start of the event. This will be considered a guarantee, for which you will be charged, even if fewer guests attend the function. The final amount charged is based on the number of guests guaranteed or in attendance, whichever is greater.
Do the bride and groom get a complimentary room for the wedding night?
- Yes, the hotel is happy to provide a complimentary guestroom for the bride and groom on the night of their wedding with a minimum of 75 guests in attendance at the reception.
Are there special room rates for wedding guests?
- For family and friends of the wedding party, The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland will be happy to quote preferential rates for those requiring overnight accommodations.
What is required by the state of Ohio for a legal wedding ceremony?
- A legal wedding ceremony requires a wedding officiant licensed by the state of Ohio and a valid marriage license. Requirements for obtaining a marriage license include the presence of both parties at the county courthouse where at least one applicant resides. Applicants must provide a social security card and proof of age and identity with a valid driver's license, passport, or birth certificate. Both applicants must provide name, age, address, place and date of birth, occupation, social security number, father's name and mother's maiden name. Since requirements can vary between counties, please contact your local courthouse before applying.
What local laws affect events at The Ritz-Carlton?
- The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland abides by all local and state alcohol laws, including a 2 a.m. last call and 2:30 a.m. bar closing. No alcoholic beverages can be brought into the hotel from outside. All guests must abide by the fire and safety guidelines. Vendors must present valid insurance papers. The hotel invites you to enjoy reception music until 1 a.m.
How do I arrange my wedding at The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland?
- Our wedding professionals will organize and coordinate all on-site aspects of your wedding ceremony and reception to help create your vision. Your wedding professional will:
- Assist with etiquette and protocol for your ceremony
- Recommend special event professionals to provide floral arrangements, music, photography and invitations
- Act as a menu consultant for all food and beverage selections
- Arrange and attend your menu tasting
- Oversee the ceremony and reception