Meetings and events at The Ritz-Carlton are carefully designed to create an unparalleled guest experience while protecting our natural resources. Together with our property-based Ritz-Carlton Environmental Action Conservation Teams (REACT) you and your attendees can support our efforts to reduce our environmental imprint and make a meaningful difference. Within our hotels, we reduce energy and water usage, offer a linen and terry reuse program, and utilize environmentally preferable cleaning products. Our meeting venues support a sustainable future by offering recycled paper products and pens, water service options, organic and local food and sustainable seafood options.
A memorable and enriching stay can extend well beyond our hotels. That’s why The Ritz-Carlton proudly offers Impact Experiences, providing inspiring opportunities for our guests to contribute to the local community. Impact Experiences are compelling social and environmental impact activities where there is one constant – each program makes a lasting and authentic difference.
Impact Experiences offers on-property activities that can be incorporated in the conference agenda during lunch breaks, receptions and coffee breaks, including:
- Partnering with the hotel’s culinary team to prepare the ingredients for a regionally adapted dish for donation to a local hunger relief organization;
- Assembling school supplies and art materials in backpacks for donation to students whose academic success is threatened by poverty;
- Collaborating in teams to assemble emergency preparedness kits for shipping to a disaster relief facility or community organization;
- Designing and creating greetings and birthday cards for children in a local pediatric healthcare facility or children’s organization.
- Impact Hour, a platform for leaders from The Ritz-Carlton Community Footprints partner organizations to showcase how they are successfully addressing social and environmental issues.
Additionally, Signature Impact Experiences invite our group guests to take part in an off-site volunteer activity, unique to the destination.
Protecting the Island’s Sand Dune Ecosystem
Help protect the delicate ecosystem of Amelia Island by planting native sea grass along 13 miles of coastal beaches. A guide will share information on the sand dune system and how sea oats protect it. Group guests can also visit the tallest dune in Florida, a majestic, protected landmark sure to leave participants in awe.
Please contact your meetings and special events professional for details on how Impact Experiences can be matched to your group.