A memorable and enriching stay can extend well beyond our hotels. That’s why The Ritz-Carlton proudly offers Impact Experiences, providing inspiring opportunities for our guests to contribute to the local community. Impact Experiences are compelling social and environmental impact activities where there is one constant – each program makes a lasting and authentic difference.
Impact Experiences offers on-property activities that can be incorporated into the conference agenda during lunch breaks, receptions, and coffee breaks, including:
- Partnering with the hotel’s culinary team to prepare the ingredients for a regionally adapted dish for donation to a local hunger relief organization;
- Assembling school supplies and art materials in backpacks for donation to students whose academic success is threatened by poverty;
- Collaborating in teams to assemble emergency preparedness kits for shipping to a disaster relief facility or community organization;
- Designing and creating greetings and birthday cards for children in a local pediatric healthcare facility or children’s organization.
- Impact Hour is a platform for leaders from The Ritz-Carlton Community Footprints partner organizations to showcase how they are successfully addressing social and environmental issues.
Additionally, Signature Impact Experiences invite our group guests to take part in an off-site volunteer activity, unique to the destination.
Historical Impact, Today
Georgetown, overlooking the Potomac River, has played an important role in U.S. history dating back to the 17th century. Group guests can help preserve the past by restoring and revitalizing the C&O Canal National Historical Park. Through painting and debris removal projects, guests can help celebrate the canal that established Georgetown as the country’s shipping center and now offers residents and visitors alike a peaceful place for recreation.
Please contact your meetings and special events professional for details on how Impact Experiences can be matched to your group.