Let us sweeten the experience at our luxury downtown Charlotte hotel.
Guest Room Features & Amenities
Property Features & Amenities
Awards & Accolades
LEED® and Sustainability
The garden rooftop of The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte buzzes with activity – in a completely natural way – for it is here that two beehives and their seasonal residents call home, creating the nectar that infuses many of our hotel experiences with the sweetest of memories.
You might taste it in the honey pecan gelato served in the lobby of our hotel in Uptown Charlotte, or feel it in the honey-based treatments that highlight our spa
menu. Unforgettable visual impressions are left, too, by the strikingly modern art collection featuring the works of acclaimed regional artists. You’ll forever remember the scent of artisan chocolate beckoning from Bar Cocoa
, our delectable dessert boutique. These delights and more reveal themselves at every turn in this sophisticated, LEED Gold-certified luxury hotel, located near upscale dining, shopping and entertainment in the heart of downtown Charlotte where you can also experience:
- Casual dining and culinary retail options, including The Lobby Lounge, Bar Cocoa, and BLT Steak
- Beautifully appointed hotel rooms and suites, offering dramatic skyline and Uptown Charlotte views
- Industry-leading frequent traveler conveniences
- Penthouse bi-level Spa & Wellness Center, featuring spa services, sauna, fitness center and Aqua Lounge with swimming pool
Guest Room Features & Amenities
Featuring the understated ambience of comfortable luxury rooms offer impairing metropolitan city views.
140 prestigious guest rooms make The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte a true luxury hotel in Charlotte, North Carolina.
36 suites, including The Ritz-Carlton suite (2,900 sq. feet)
- 42” LCD flat-panel television in guestroom
- Flat-panel television built within bathroom mirror
- Electronic jack-pack for computer/phone recharging
- DVD player
- iPod® docking station
- BOSE Wave® music system offering music, advanced electronic/timing, docking station and sleep-sounds module
- Work desk with dual-line phone; pre-wired jackpack
- Electronic charging sanctuary
- Last-minute office supplies and access to Travel Lite, Desktop on Demand and Luggage-Less Travel frequent-traveler conveniences and amenities
- Illy espresso machine
- Coffee and tea-making center
- King or two queen beds
- 10’ ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows
- 400-thread count Frette linens
- Built-in floor-to-ceiling armoire with safe
- Dual vanities and separate tub and shower
- Upgraded bath essentials
- Two Ritz-Carlton signature terry bathrobes
- 24-hour in-room dining
- Daily newspaper
Property Features & Amenities
Discover more than 12,000 square feet of state-of-the-art indoor meeting space, 7,000-square feet Ballroom, and nine function rooms ranging from 464 to 3,842 square feet. The Urban Garden adds further expansive, atrium-style space and is joined to the hotel by its own covered walkway.
Spa & Wellness Center:
Our Uptown Charlotte hotel offers a 13,000-square-foot Spa & Wellness Center− a true urban retreat in the heart of Downtown Charlotte. The penthouse, bi-level sanctuary includes an indoor Aqua Lounge with swimming pool, whirlpool, steam, spa services including four treatment rooms, relaxation areas, Movement Studio, Kinesis and cycle studio, manicure/pedicure studio and fitness center with PRECOR strength and cardio equipment.
- Valet parking
- Bike Valet
- Electric vehicle charging station
- In-room dining
- Twice-daily housekeeping service
- BLT Steak Restaurant
- The Lobby Lounge, drinks and dining
- Bar Cocoa dessert dining and retail
- Cocoa Lab cooking classes
- Multi-lingual staff
- 24 hour concierge services
- Complimentary transportation within the I-277 loop
- National Car Rental in hotel lobby. Open Mon-Fri 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sat. 9 a.m. - noon, closed Sunday (704) 971-1186
Full-service business center with high speed wireless Internet, state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment and mail and package services. Other features include:
- Travel Lite, providing guests with pre-orderable grooming products to eliminate having to travel on airlines with liquids
- Luggage-Less Travel, for frequent guests wishing to leave their clothing and other possessions at the hotel between stays
- Desktop on Demand, delivering office/tech equipment direct to guest rooms
- On-site audio/visual technician services
- Fees: $9.95 per 24-hours for unlimited wired and wireless Internet high-bandwidth access in guest rooms and suites
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in The Lobby Lounge, Aqua Lounge and The Punch Room
- Cancellation required at least 48 hour prior to arrival.
- Cancellation within less than 48 hours will be charged the first night room and tax, unless otherwise stated at the time of reservation.
- The hotel does not cash checks or accept checks as a form of payment.
- Check-in: 4 p.m.
- Check-out: 12 p.m.
- Overnight parking: $35 USD
- Event parking: $18 USD
Located in the heart of downtown Charlotte providing direct access to the business and banking district and historic Charlotte. Within walking distance of the city’s most vibrant entertainment district. Easily accessible from the Charlotte Douglas International Airport (seven miles); I-277; I-77. Trolley or Light Rail accessible to the city’s attractions, restaurants and sport venues as well as Charlotte Convention Center
Awards & Accolades
American Automobile Association (AAA)
AAA Five Diamond Award 2010 - 2015Travel + Leisure
Condé Nast Traveler
- Travel + Leisure, World’s Best Hotels 2012 - 2015
Forbes Travel Guide
- Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2012 - 2014
- Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards 2011 - 2012 (#5 in US)
U.S. News & World Report
- Forbes Four Star Rating 2012 – 2015
- Forbes Four Star Rating Spa 2014 – 2015
- US News & World Report, Best Hotels in the USA 2012 – 2015
- Organic Spa Magazine, Top Ten Urban Eco-Boutique Spas 2010, 2012
- Charlotte Magazine, Best Bartender, 2015
- Charlotte Magazine, Best Hotel Bar, 2012, 2015
- Charlotte Magazine, Best Locavore Spa Treatment, 2012
- Charlotte Magazine, Best Green Spa, 2010
Charlotte Business Journal
- Charlotte Business Journal, #1 Ranking, Excellence in Sustainable Business
U.S. Airways Magazine
- Wallpaper Magazine, Best New Business Hotels
- US Airways Magazine, “#1 North American Hotel Worth a Splurge”
LEED® and Sustainability
The green sustainable design and construction of The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte follows the guidelines of the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System™, the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high performance green buildings. Our uptown hotel is LEED Gold-certified.
Sustainable practices at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte include:
- The building uses 30% less energy than a conventional hotel by using ultra-efficient materials and the latest construction technology.
- Water usage has been reduced by 35% by instilling high-efficiency Kohler plumbing fixtures, saving 700,000 gallons of water in the first year alone.
- Air quality is improved by circulating large amounts of outside air into guestrooms at 60 cubic feet per minute.
- Regional vendors and artists were used for materials to reduce transportation and packaging.
- Low-emitting volatile organic compound (VOC) paints, adhesives and carpets have been utilized to reduce indoor air contamination.
- A green, vegetated rooftop is planted on the hotel to reduce the urban heat island effect. In other words, the green roof helps reduce the amount of energy needed for air conditioning. It also slows rain runoff and insulates the rooftop, keeping the building cooler overall. The green roof is home to our chef’s herb garden and two beehives which provide natural honey for hotel culinary purposes.
- Procured FSC-certified sapele logs, which are unusual in the United States, have been utilized in the hotel building.
- Leather products in our North Carolina hotel were created with recycled leather.
- More than 80% of construction waste is recycled, diverting 3,900 tons of debris from landfills as of April 2009.
- The hotel is contracting with a Green power supplier to buy 35% of the building’s electricity use for two years.
- 150 Bicycle parking spaces are located on-property.
- Bicycles are available for guests to ride in uptown Charlotte.
- Local complimentary transportation is provided by Hybrid vehicle on weekday mornings.
- A Level I and Level II electric vehicle charging station is available to hotel guests and is located in the hotel front drive area.
- To encourage the use of Hybrid and electric vehicles by guests, their valet parking is complimentary.
- All dining and beverage menus incorporate organic, local, and 100% natural products.
- The Spa & Wellness Center incorporates treatments utilizing 100% organic products.
- The Living Essentials Boutique offers a selection of organic clothing, accessories, products and educational materials.
- A comprehensive recycling program is visible throughout the hotel.
- Environmentally-sensitive cleaning products are used in the hotel.
- The Regeneration Suiting product line (suits made out of material derived from recycled two-liter plastic bottles) is used in uniform selection in various departments.
- Collateral utilized in the hotel is printed on post-consumer-waste recycled paper.
- Banquet meeting room tables were designed using recycled aluminum.
- Green Meetings are a standard in the hotel.
- A Natura Water Purification System is utilized for meetings in the hotel, diverting 73,000 plastic bottles from landfills on a yearly basis, saving 104.2 barrels of oil, eliminating 48.7 tons of CO2 emissions and saving 604,528,714 BTUs of electricity in one year.
- An Environmental Conservation activity takes place once per quarter within the local community
- Main entrance
- Restaurants and lounges are accessible
- Meeting space is accessible
- Entrance(s) to on-site swimming pool(s)
- Entrance to on-site spa
- Entrance to on-site fitness center
- Entrance to on-site business center
- Accessible route to the registration desk
- Registration desk accessible
- 32-inch wide opening door
- Route to accessible guest rooms
The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte is a Tier 3 property. Learn more
The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte welcomes Jason of Beverly Hills boutique to the Lobby level. Celebrated jeweler-to-the-stars, Jason of Beverly Hills offers spectacular and unconventional diamond creations, timepieces and contemporary jewelry for men and women.
Read about The Honeybees
– 100,000 honey-producing residents of our green vegetated roof.
Visit our Calendar of Events
for the latest live entertainment information for The Lobby Lounge.
are available for those who seek a getaway in the heart of the city.