Customers arriving from outside of the United States should review government travel guidance to confirm eligibility and requirements for travel. See Travel.State.gov.
The health and safety of our guests is our top priority: COVID-19 updates and what to expect at our hotel.
Please sign up here to receive the latest news.
For Charitable Donation requests, please see The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco donation request site.
A LUXURY NOB HILL HOTEL
The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco captures the timeless elegance of the Bay Area’s most iconic city. Situated atop Nob Hill in a landmark building dating back to 1909, this urban oasis provides resort-like amenities to retreat to after exploring the city.
Hotel amenities include:
- 336 luxury suites and guest rooms with downtown or bay views
- Club Lounge with San Francisco-inspired cuisine and exclusive experiences
- Classic American breakfasts with healthy options at Parallel 37
- Coastal California cuisine and craft cocktails in The Lounge
- Wine tastings at The JCB Tasting Lounge
- The Bay Area’s only Krigler perfume shop
- Extensive fitness center
- Interior park-like Courtyard
- 24,000 square feet of meeting space including a 9,300-square-foot ballroom
Recent Honors & Awards
Below are some of our recent accolades:
- U.S. News & World Report: “#1 Best San Francisco Hotel”, 2023
- Forbes Four Star Rating, 2023
- AAA Five-Diamond Hotel, 2022
- Travel + Leisure: #1 San Francisco Hotel in World’s Best Awards, 2022
- Forbes: Best Luxury Hotel in San Francisco, 2022
Guest Room Features & Amenities
- Modern guest rooms are inspired by tailored fashion, the fog of San Francisco and city architecture
- Design features shades of steely blue, silver and grey with roman shades and modern furniture pieces
- Artwork depicts San Francisco culture and city scenes
- Kohler Performance rain showerheads
- 400-thread-count, 100% combed cotton linens
- In-room Nespresso machines
- High-Definition TVs
- Wireless, high-speed Internet access available for a fee
Check-In / Check-Out
- Check-in time is 4 p.m.
- Check-out time is 11 a.m.
- Guest rooms must be guaranteed by credit card or deposit
- Please note we charge an early departure fee of one night plus tax
In the event that you are unable to keep your reservation at our downtown hotel, please cancel 72 hours prior, so we may apply the appropriate refund.
- There is a 35 lb. weight limit for dogs. Two dogs maximum per room.
- All dogs must be leashed when riding hotel elevators and be carried by their owners through the lobby of the hotel
- All public areas, including hotel restaurants are reserved for owners only, with the exception of service dogs
- A $200 non-refundable pet fee will be applied to each guest folio per stay
- 14% Room Rate Tax per night
- 2.25% Business District Assessments per night
- $1.25 California Tourism Assessment fee per night
- Rollaway bed fee of $50 per day
- Fee for additional Club Lounge guests (more than two guests per Club Level room) applies per Club Level Guest Policy
- A $100 additional fee per guest applies for all rooms with more than two guests
- Main entrance
- Registration desk
- Accessible guest rooms have a 32 inch wide opening
- Route to accessible guest rooms is accessible
- Restaurants and lounges
- Meeting spaces
- Spa entrance
- Fitness center entrance
- Business center entrance
- Pathway to registration desk
- Service animals allowed for persons with disabilities