Do you have recommendations on photographers, florists, music and other vendors?
We are pleased to provide an extensive list of the finest special event professionals in the area. These individuals have provided impeccable service and products to our guests in the past, please contact the Catering Sales Manager to request this list.
Will we need a wedding planner to assist us with our plans?
While our Special Events team will assist with many on-site details, we do require a professional wedding to ensure your wedding day is seamless from beginning to end. The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe special events manager is the on-site liaison between your wedding planner and the hotel operations team.
What are the responsibilities of a Ritz-Carlton Special Events Manager?
- Make recommendations for event professionals to include wedding coordination, entertainment, floral, photography, ceremony officiant, and amenities.
- Act as a menu consultant for all food and beverage selections.
- Detail your banquet event orders and wedding resume outlining your event.
- Create an estimate of charges outlining your financial commitments and deposit schedule.
- Create a floor plan of your function space for seating arrangements.
- Personally oversee the details of the bride and groom’s room reservations (If applicable).
- Oversee the ceremony and reception room(s) setup, food preparation, and other hotel operations.
- Be the on-site liaison between your wedding coordinator and hotel operations.
- Ensure a seamless transition to the hotel’s Banquet Manager once the grand entrance has occurred.
- Review your banquet checks for accuracy prior to the completion of the final bill.
What are the responsibilities of a Wedding Planner?
- Assist with etiquette and protocol for invitations, family matters, ceremony and toasts.
- Create a timeline for your entire wedding day, including the ceremony and reception to supply to the Special Events Manager.
- Organize and coordinate your ceremony rehearsal. Remind bridal party of all pertinent “call times” and “don’t forgets” on the wedding day.
- Confirm call times and details with all vendors several days prior to the wedding day.
- Ensure the ladies have their corsages and bouquets, etc., and assist with pinning of the gentlemen’s boutonnières.
- Deliver and arrange ceremony programs, escort cards, place cards, favors and any personal items.
- Coordinate your actual ceremony (i.e., line up bride party, assist bride with dress, etc.)
- Coordinate your reception (i.e., grand entrance, first dance, toasts, cake cutting, etc.)
- Coordinate with vendors and the Hotel Special Events Manager to ensure timeliness of your events.
- Collect any personal items you may have brought at the conclusion of the reception.
- Count and collect all wedding gifts and deliver them to the appropriate location at the conclusion of your event.
Should I make an appointment to see the hotel?
You are always welcome to visit the hotel at any time; however, an advanced appointment is required for a wedding site tour with the Catering Sales Manager- wedding specialist. So that we may guarantee availability and provide the best experience for your visit, please coordinate the appointment at least 10 days prior to your visit.
How do I secure my wedding date and venue?
Your initial visit is led by the Catering Sales Manager. She will conduct a thorough walk thru of the venues and check available dates, space and locations to consider. To secure a wedding date, please request a Catering Agreement from the Catering Sales Manager. A signed agreement and deposit is due to finalize the date. Your details are then turned over to a Ritz-Carlton Special Events team to begin the planning process of your wedding.
What does the venue fee include?
The venue fee includes the rental of the ceremony, cocktail reception and dinner reception locations. Also includes setup and teardown of venues, garden ceremony chairs, standard banquet chairs for dinner, cocktail tables, round dinner tables, standard linens, flatware, stemware, and china. Indoor backup space is included for all outdoor venues. Pricing is exclusive of service charge and sales tax.
How late can the celebration go?
The venue fee includes use of the indoor reception venue until 12:00 midnight. To continue the celebrations after midnight, there is a $1,000 per hour venue fee. All alcohol sales must conclude at 1:59am. Outdoor venues must conclude at 10:00pm
Can I host my ceremony only at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe?
While our indoor and outdoor ceremony sites are generally reserved exclusively for those couples hosting their reception at the Resort, ceremony-only options become available just 90 days prior to the event date.