Naturalists lead cultural and environmental programs at Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua. They are more than just guides—they are equipped with the knowledge and experience needed to share and explore the wonder of the natural world with you. All naturalists are First Aid, CPR, AED and Oxygen certified and are trained by Jean-Michel Cousteau’s team. Additional trainings are frequently held by renowned marine biologist, photographer and educator, Dr. Richard Murphy, the chief scientist with the Cousteaus for more than 40 years. Ambassadors Terms, Conditions and Frequently Asked Questions
- Recommended attire for children’s programs:
- Please provide children with swimsuit for snorkeling and ocean activities
- Closed toe shoes are recommended for hiking programs
- Reef-safe sunscreen is recommended for all programs
- Reservations for all activities are required and to ensure availability a 24 hour advance notice is requested. Parents will be required to sign a release waiver before their children participate in an activity.
- The children’s programs are limited to ages five and older and proof of age is required upon check-in.
- Naturalists reserve the right to require any individual to wear a personal floatation device during water-based activities.
- Activities are subject to weather conditions and may be modified.
- All activities begin and end at the Ambassadors Hale located off the sidewalk path near the Beach House Restaurant.
- Water entry for all snorkeling excursions is from the shore.
- Please note that if you wish to change or cancel your activity, you must contact Ambassadors of the Environment at 808.665.7292 or resort extension 7292, 24 hours in advance of the program to avoid a 50% cancellation fee.
- Extended hours are available for all programs including the one hour break between programs (morning-afternoon; afternoon-evening) for an additional $20 USD per hour per child. Meals can be provided at an additional charge to the guest and can be selected upon program check-in and billed directly to the guest folio. (Lunch 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m., Dinner 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.).
- Birthday parties can be customized for children of all ages. Select from a variety of themes and activities.
For further information or to make reservations, please contact us at 808.665.7292 or email@example.com