Let us help create unforgettable North Lake Tahoe vacations.
Guest Room Features & Amenities
Property Features & Amenities
Featuring a mid-mountain location on Northstar California, The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is the first and only AAA Five Diamond mountain resort in California. Highlights of this luxury resort include:
- Luxurious guestrooms and suites with in-room gas fire places and floor-to-ceiling windows
- A 17,000 sq ft slope-side spa with treatments themed around water and woods
- Extraordinary North Lake Tahoe dining in Manzanita featuring rustic California cuisine with mountain resort influences
- A vibrant children’s program with interactive games, crafts and opportunities to connect with our mountain setting in meaningful ways
- Marshmology experience each evening at the fire pit featuring the “Art of the S’more”
- Access to hiking, biking, fly fishing out our backdoor and water sports nearby on one of the nation’s largest and most cherished Alpine lakes.
During the summer months, Northstar California offers a family-friendly playground with the region’s best mountain adventure. Families and their four-legged friends will love hiking the easy loop to Sawmill Lake. After a day on the mountain, guests can gather around the fire pit with The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe Marshmologist for complimentary s’mores, enjoy cocktails on the resort’s heated outdoor terrace or enjoy a game of bocce in the backyard. Later in the evening, head down to the Village at Northstar where kids and kids at heart can take a loop around the roller skating rink, fly into the sky on the Bunge trampoline or create a stuffed animal at Bear Village located in the Villager Candle Shop.
The resort also offers a variety of activities and water sports on Lake Tahoe, just 15 minutes away with daily kayak and stand up paddle boarding excursions lead by the professional guides at Tahoe Adventure Company. Preferred tee times can be enjoyed at two nearby championship golf courses, Gray’s Crossing, certified as an Audubon International Gold Signature Sanctuary, and Old Greenwood, a Jack Nicklaus signature course.
During the winter season, The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe’s mid-mountain location provides for ski-in / ski-out access to Northstar California, consistently touted as one of the nation’s top family-friendly ski resorts. With a slopeside location on Northstar’s “Big Easy” run, the ski-in/ski-out access can be enjoyed by skiers and riders of any level. When you are ready for a day on the mountain, simply head down to mountain concierge where the ski valets will assist you with your boots and escort you to your skis and poles waiting on the slopes. Northstar offers world-class grooming and provides a plethora of family activities in the Village at Northstar accessed from the hotel by an intermountain gondola. At the heart of the Village is a 9,000 sq ft ice skating rink surrounded by cozy fire pits and a variety of options for shopping, dining and entertainment.
Recent Accolades include:
AAA Five Diamond
Forbes Four Star
Readers' Choice Award, Condé Nast Traveler
"The World's Best Hotels", Travel+Leisure
"America’s Best Lake Hotels", Travel+Leisure
"Best Hotels in the USA" & "Best Hotel in Lake Tahoe", U.S. News
Guest Room Features & Amenities
153 Deluxe Guest Rooms (450 square feet)
16 Executive Suites (800 to 1,395 square feet, one or two bedrooms)
The Ritz-Carlton Suite (1,900 to 2,600 square feet, one or two bedrooms)
Residential Suites (1,600 to 2,600 square feet; two, three or four bedrooms)
- Furnishings with rich, warm woods and textured fabrics reflecting Northern California contemporary mountain design
- 400 thread count linens with goose-down comforters
- Asprey bath amenities
- Lighted make-up mirror and hair dryer
- Fireplaces in each our luxury hotel’s guest rooms and suites
- LCD flat-panel television in guest room
- iPod docking station
- High-speed wired and wireless Internet
- Fully-stocked honor bar
- Spacious work desk with dual-line phone
- Voicemail with customizable greeting
- Spacious closets with safe
- Two Ritz-Carlton signature terry bathrobes
- King bed or two queen beds
- In-room gourmet coffee and tea presentations
- Iron and ironing board
- 24-hour concierge service
- 24-hour in-room dining
- Daily housekeeping attention and turndown service
- Same day laundry and dry cleaning services
- Complimentary overnight shoeshine
Property Features & Amenities
For resort guests seeking a heightened level of privacy and service, The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe luxury hotel features The Ritz-Carlton Club level. Guests have private access to The Ritz-Carlton Club level, a rejuvenating retreat for guests to enjoy private check-in check-out, five food and beverage presentations daily as well as the services of a dedicated concierge.
The Club Lounge will be temporarily closed beginning April 6, 2015 and will reopen on June 19, 2015.
The Ritz-Carlton Spa and Fitness Center:
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe hotel features a 17,000-square-foot spa and fitness center with 16 treatment rooms, ladies' and gentlemen's lounge areas with sauna, steam and whirlpool. Two outdoor swimming pools allow guests the option of swimming laps or relaxing slope side by the pool. The fitness center, with state-of-the-art weight training and cardiovascular equipment, also offers a variety of exercise classes.
Over 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art indoor and outdoor function space, including two ballrooms, 6,600 and 3,200 square feet, breakout meeting rooms, board room and vast indoor/outdoor function space with panoramic views of Lake Tahoe and picturesque mountain landscape from our luxury hotel’s wrap-around outdoor balcony.
Located 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 45 minutes from the Reno, Nevada airport, two hours from Sacramento and four hours from San Francisco.
- Manzanita, featuring seasonally-inspired California cuisine
- Valet parking
- In-room dining
- Twice-daily housekeeping service
- Lobby Lounge bar with floor-to-ceiling windows
The daily resort fee of $30 USD per room covers: Wireless high-speed internet access in guestroom and public areas, evening s’mores experience at the fire pit hosted by The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe “Marshmologist”, daily newspaper, local and 1-800 phone calls, access to year-round heated outdoor pool with two oversized jetted hot tubs and kids wading pool, 24-hour access to state-of-the-art fitness center with daily group exercise classes in the fitness studios, access (for ages 18+) to the spa’s relaxation area including steam room, cool mist shower, dry sauna, whirlpool and heated outdoor adult-only spa lap pool, 24-hour computer access in the business center, Mountain Concierge and Ski/Golf Valet services and overnight storage, transportation to and from the Village at Northstar via seasonal gondola (click here for gondola schedule) or year-round house car, The Ritz-Carlton eco-friendly bottled water in-room (refreshed daily), complimentary in-room coffee and tea, and a seasonal welcome beverage from 2-6 p.m. daily.
$50 per day (based upon availability)
Due to our mid-mountain location, the resort offers valet parking only; self-parking is not available.
$39 per night, valet parking only
$5 Valet Parking for Non-Hotel Guests dining in Manzanita or day spa usage in The Ritz-Carlton Spa.
Day usage rate for Manzanita and Spa not valid for Ski Valet Parking.
$100 Daily Ski Valet Parking
Pet-friendly rooms are available upon request. A one-time $125 pet cleaning fee will be charged upon check-in. With the exception of documented service animals, pets are not allowed in any public area where food and beverage is served in accordance with the requirements of the State of California. Please note this includes The Living Room, which is our Lake Tahoe luxury hotel’s main lobby.
Check-in: 4 p.m.
- Main entrance
- Restaurants and lounges are accessible
- Meeting space is accessible
- Entrance(s) to on-site swimming pool(s)
- Entrance to on-site spa
- Entrance to on-site fitness center
- Entrance to on-site business center
- Swimming pool(s) with self-operating lift
- Accessible route to the registration desk
- Registration desk accessible
- 32-inch wide opening door
- Route to accessible guest rooms