Explore Half Moon Bay
Let our Signature Drive be your travel guide to some of America’s most magnificent vistas. The drive unfolds in a series of five distinct regions in and around Half Moon Bay:
Historic Main Street
Nestled within the picturesque town of Half Moon Bay, Historic Main Street offers year-round sightseeing, shops, restaurants and galleries.
The Pumpkin Region
This is California farm-to-market country, where motorists can pick their own produce from the bounty of pumpkin patches and local farms that make the area a foodie’s dream.
California’s Redwood Forest
Close to Half Moon Bay lies the awe-inspiring Redwood Forest, shaded by a magnificent, mystical canopy of ancient California Redwood trees.
Santa Cruz Mountains
This scenic and dramatic mountain range offers tastes from more than 60 of the state’s cult wineries.
Guests can end their drive by viewing the spectacular coast in front of The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, where some of the largest winter surf in the world is recorded each year.
Signature Drive Directions
Approximate mileage is to be used as a guideline only. Guests of The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay may request complimentary maps of The Signature Drive from the concerige.
- Follow Miramontes Point Rd .5 miles to Hwy 1
- Turn left onto Hwy 1 and travel 1.3 miles to Main Street
- Veer right onto Main Street and drive 1.2 miles to Hwy 92
- Turn right onto Hwy 92
- Travel on Hwy 92 for 5 miles, turn right onto Hwy 35
- From Hwy 35 continue 12 miles, turn right onto Hwy 84
- Continue 13 miles on Hwy 84, turn left onto Pescadero Creek Rd
- Drive 9 miles on Pescadero Creek Rd, turn right onto Hwy 1
- Travel 20 miles on Hwy 1, turn left onto Miramontes Point Rd
- Continue .5 miles to The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay
Note: Some of the region’s leading wineries are located on or near our Signature Drive, including La Nebbia Winery and Thomas Fogarty Winery and Vineyards. Contact our concierge for information on visiting specific wineries.