From the outside it can easily be seen, that The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna is comprised of four different buildings, with each a very distinctive architecture. The different building heights of the individual buildings cannot only be seen from the outside by looking at the different heights of the window, but are also the reason why the many stairways in the corridors now arise. All four buildings, mostly town palaces, were built between 1865 and 1871. The four Palaces were gradually put together by the “Giro Kreditanstalt”, a bank that has had its headquarters in the building for over sixty years. In former times, the buildings had only been four stories high and the fifth, sixth and seventh floors have been added subsequently. On 6th of September 2012, The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna opened its doors with a total of 202 rooms, including 43 suites.
Built between 1866 and 1868
Architects: Johann Romano, Knight of Ringe and August Schwendenwein, Knight of Lonauberg
Style: Classicism with youth style elements
Planned and built based on the model of an English Elite Club