A memorable and enriching stay can extend well beyond our hotels. That’s why The Ritz-Carlton proudly offers Impact Experiences, providing inspiring opportunities for our guests to contribute to the local community. Impact Experiences are compelling social and environmental impact activities where there is one constant – each program makes a lasting and authentic difference.
Impact Experiences offers on-property activities that can be incorporated in the conference agenda during lunch breaks, receptions and coffee breaks, including:
- Partnering with the hotel’s culinary team to prepare the ingredients for a regionally adapted dish for donation to a local hunger relief organization;
- Assembling school supplies and art materials in backpacks for donation to students whose academic success is threatened by poverty;
- Collaborating in teams to assemble emergency preparedness kits for shipping to a disaster relief facility or community organization;
- Designing and creating greetings and birthday cards for children in a local pediatric healthcare facility or children’s organization.
- Impact Hour, a platform for leaders from The Ritz-Carlton Community Footprints partner organizations to showcase how they are successfully addressing social and environmental issues.
Additionally, Signature Impact Experiences invite our group guests to take part in an off-site volunteer activity, unique to the destination.
The City of Apples
Wild apples have grown in Almaty for centuries, and genome science backs up the city’s claim as the birthplace of the apple. Group guests can travel to the Alatau Mountains to plant young Aport apple trees — a variety that boomed in the early 1900s but has since become threatened, both by people and nature. Weighing in at two pounds, these bright-red apples are a mainstay of Kazakh culture and will continue to be, thanks to volunteer efforts.
Please contact your meetings and special events professional for details on how Impact Experiences can be matched to your group.