Customers arriving from outside of the United States should review government travel guidance to confirm eligibility and requirements for travel. See Travel.State.gov.
The health and safety of our guests is our top priority: COVID-19 updates and what to expect at our hotel.
The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara welcomes visitors with five-star amenities, scenic ocean views and easy access to the region’s vineyards, restaurants, shops and attractions. Find inspiration within perfectly framed views of the Pacific from your guest room balcony, relax with a wellness therapy at the spa or get a different perspective on California as you embark on a sailing expedition.
Other resort amenities include:
- 358 guest rooms, suites and residences
- Private balconies with ocean views
- Signature steakhouse dining at Angel Oak
- Locally sourced cuisine
- A 12,000-bottle wine collection
- Wine flights in a dedicated tasting room
- More than 70,000 sq ft of event space
- A 42,000-sq-ft spa and wellness center
- Robust activities for guests of all ages
- Two natural beaches
Property Features & Amenities
- 42,000-sq.-ft. spa and wellness center
- Three zero-edge saline pools (two with ocean views)
- A two-mile natural beach
- Six restaurants
- More than 70,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space
- Wine-tasting room offer flights and culinary experiences
- Activities including painting experiences, beach walks, hiking and group recreational classes
- Four tennis courts
The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara assesses a $50 resort fee per room, per night. Amenities and services included in the resort fee are:
- Wireless, high-speed internet access in guest rooms and common areas
- Complimentary ball machine rental for one hour, and adult beginner clinic offered at 2pm daily allowing one complimentary entry per stay
- Ambassadors of the Environment Guided Eco-Hike Tour for 2 people
- Electric bike rentals (waiver required)
- Guided beach walk
- Press Reader, an easy-to-use app offering unlimited access to your favorite newspapers and magazines
- Daily one hour yoga class for 2 people, equipment provided
The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara is a pet friendly resort. At The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara our discerning guests include four legged friends. When you include Fido on your trip to our Santa Barbara pet friendly resort, we promise tales of devotion from your family friend for a long time to come.
- There is a $250* per stay pet fee. We welcome all well-mannered, dogs under 50lbs.
- No more than two pets may occupy each guestroom.
- Pets must be leashed or held in arms in all common areas of the resort.
- We regret that pets are not allowed inside restaurants or on restaurant patios, inside the Fitness Center, Spa, Pool areas, or The Ritz-Carlton Club® Lounge.
- Only leashed, service dogs are allowed to dine on The Bistro outdoor patio, O Bar + Kitchen outdoor terrace, and caffè terrace.
- A signed pet agreement is required upon check-in.
- *$50 for each additional dog.
Honors and Awards
- Top 10 Resorts in Southern California, 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards, Condé Nast Traveler
- Top Wedding Destinations of 2019, Grace Ormonde Wedding Style Magazine
- Top Resorts in Southern California, Condé Nast Traveler 2018 Readers’ Choice Awards
- Four-Star Rated, Forbes Travel Guide
- Best Hotels, U.S. News & World Report
- Certificate of Excellence Winner, TripAdvisor
- Best Resort for a Wedding and Best Indoor Venue, California Wedding Day Magazine
- Best of Meetings Today, Meetings Today
- Top 100 Al Fresco Dining Restaurants in America, The Bistro, OpenTable
- Best Spa Resort, California Meetings + Events
- Form + Function Innovation Award, Angel Oak, Restaurant Development + Design Magazine
- Best Private Dining Space, Angel Oak, California Meetings + Events
- Main entrance
- Registration desk
- Mobility accessible guest rooms
- Route to accessible guest rooms is accessible
- Roll-in shower
- Bathtub grab bars
- Transfer showers in guest rooms
- Adjustable height hand-held shower wand
- Toilet seat at wheelchair height
- Non-slip grab bars in bathroom
- Restaurants and lounges
- Meeting spaces
- Pool entrances
- Spa entrance
- Fitness center entrance
- Business center entrance
- Self-operating lifts or sloped entry
- Pathway to registration desk
- Service animals allowed for persons with disabilities