Customers arriving from outside of the United States should review government travel guidance to confirm eligibility and requirements for travel. See Travel.State.gov.
The health and safety of our guests is our top priority: COVID-19 updates and what to expect at our hotel.
A LUXURY COASTAL RETREAT
When California residents seek reprieve from the city, they head to the northern coastline, drawing energy from the scenic beaches, untouched nature and fresh air. Set amid this tranquility is The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, a Forbes Five-Star blufftop resort overlooking the ocean. Opportunities to disconnect are abundant: walks along the beach, a few rounds of golf, a day at the spa, a glass of wine and a colorful sunset.
This Forbes Five-Star resort focuses on the guest experience and delivers true Ritz-Carlton service that creates guests for life.
Guest Room Features & Amenities
- Spa featuring locally inspired treatments and skincare from ESPA and others. Confirmed spa reservations include use of spa facilities including co-ed whirlpool, sauna, and steam rooms. A $45 USD, per person, per day fee will be implemented for use of the spa facilities for guests without a confirmed spa reservation.
- Two championship golf courses including one with ocean views from every hole
- Two restaurants featuring ocean views and locally sourced seafood and produce
- Oceanview, outdoor wedding venues and the San Francisco Bay Area’s largest ballroom
- More than 35,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor meeting space
- Luxury accommodations, secluded Guest Houses and the exclusive Club Level
Property Features & Amenities
- Executive business center
- 16,000-square-foot spa and on-site spa shop
- Fitness center with Techno gym
- Three gas fire pits overlooking the Pacific Ocean
- Six lighted tennis courts
- Access to both on-property championship golf courses; golf pro shop and dedicated golf concierge
Honors and Awards
- Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Hotel Award - 2022
- Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Hotel Award - 2021
- Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Hotel Award - 2020
- U.S. News & World Report “Gold Badge” for a Best Hotel in the USA - 2020
- Condé Nast Traveler Top Resort in Northern California: Readers’ Choice Awards - 2019
- USA Today 10 Best Readers’ Choice Awards Top Destination Resort - 2019
- Golf Magazine Top 100 Resorts in North America - 2020, 2019
- Meetings Today Best of Award for Meetings in the U.S. - 2019
- Architectural Digest's “Most Beautiful Hotel” in California - 2017
Resort Environmental Conservation Efforts
The resort has replaced approximately 4,800 square feet of traditional turf grass with a drought tolerant, no maintenance grass. As the resort completes renovation projects it continues to incorporate drought tolerant types of plant material.
The resort has replaced 100% of guestroom light bulbs with low energy bulbs. All rooms and the guest corridors utilize low energy LED bulbs.
The resort offers an electric car charging station.
Dogs only are welcome at our Half Moon Bay resort with a maximum weight limit of 40 pounds and limiting two dogs maximum per room. Our dog-friendly accommodations are conveniently located at our Guest Houses only. There is a $150 USD non-refundable Dog Cleaning Fee per stay, in addition to a $20 USD per night Dog Boarding Fee. A portion of the fees will be donated to the Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA. Dogs are always required to be leashed or held in arms. We regret that dogs are not allowed in the Main Building, including the lobby, Club Lounge, spa, fitness center and in areas serving food and beverage including The Conservatory, Navio and the Ocean Terrace. Dogs are also not allowed at the swimming pool and golf courses.
This exclusion does not apply to guide or service dogs.
In the event you are unable to keep your reservation:
- If you have reserved a Suite, please cancel at least 14 days prior to arrival to avoid a cancellation charge. Cancellations within 14 days of arrival are subject to cancellation charge (one night's room rate plus tax). A credit card prepayment will be charged to reserve your Suite (one night's room rate plus tax)
- For all other room categories (with the exception of Suites noted above), please cancel at least seven days prior to arrival to avoid a cancellation charge. Cancellations within seven days of arrival are subject to cancellation charge (one night's room rate plus tax
- Pricing and policies are subject to change without notice
Check In/Check Out
Check in: 4 p.m.
Check out: 11 a.m.
- Please note, rollaway beds are only permitted in king-bedded rooms due to fire-safety regulations
- The resort implements a $75 USD per rollaway, per room
Resort Fee Services
The resort implements a $60 USD per room, per night resort fee.
Services and amenities included in the resort fee are:
- Daily high-speed internet access
- Daily fitness center classes at The Colony Club for up to 2 guests
- Daily access to putter and wedge rental for use on the practice green at Half Moon Bay Golf Links for up to 2 guests from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Daily access to tennis courts, racquets, and ball machines for up to 2 guests daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Daily bicycle rentals for up to 2 guests daily from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Daily Coastal Walk Experience with a tour guide for up to 2 guests from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- A glass of wine or non-alcoholic beverage, offered at check-in daily from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- $65 USD per night, per car
Day Parking Fees
- $30 USD per weekday (Monday-Friday)
- $50 USD per weekend day and holidays (Saturday, Sunday and holidays)
* This excludes Christmas, New Year’s Eve and observed holidays where holiday rates will apply.
California Coastal Access Parking
There are California Coastal Access Parking spaces available for public coastal access use located on Miramontes Point Road south of the resort at the Canada Verde trail. There are an additional 25 coastal access parking spaces available in the resort’s garage.
California Coastal Commission Website.
- Main entrance
- Registration desk
- Accessible guest rooms have a 32 inch wide opening
- Route to accessible guest rooms is accessible
- Restaurants and lounges
- Meeting spaces
- Pool entrances
- Spa entrance
- Fitness center entrance
- Business center entrance
- Self-operating lifts or sloped entry
- Pathway to registration desk
- Service dogs allowed for persons with disabilities