Does the resort suggest photographers, entertainment, and other vendors?
We offer a list of preferred professional vendors such as wedding planners, officiates, photographers, videographers, decorators, and entertainment consultants.
What other services can Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve provide for my event?
We provide a wide range of specialty items to help you personalize your event. These upgraded items include but are not limited to wood cross-back chairs, linen and napkins, glassware, dance floor and specialty lighting.
How far in advance should I reserve the date?
Whether it is a short-term wedding and celebrated within a month or a wedding planned two years out, we able to accommodate all requests.
Is there a minimum guest requirement to have a wedding?
Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve will host from beautiful intimate wedding ceremony to a lavish celebration.
What is the responsibility of the Weddings and Special Events Sales Manager?
- Send wedding package and guide the bride and groom through the date selection process.
- Prepare the contract to reserve wedding date and room block (if applicable).
- Act as the on-site liaison between your wedding coordinator and hotel operations team.
- Establish guest room block and monitor the status of reservations (if applicable).
- Personally oversee the details of the bride and groom’s room reservations (if applicable).
- Recommend Special Event Professionals to provide wedding coordination, music, floral, photography, ceremony officiant, invitations, and amenities.
- Act as menu consultant for all food and beverage selections.
- Detail your Banquet Event Order and Wedding “Resume” outlining all your event specifics and overnight accommodations to ensure that all information is communicated successfully to the operational team of the Hotel.
- Create an estimate of charges outlining your financial commitments and deposit schedule.
- Create a floor plan of your function space for you to plan and provide the resort your seating arrangements.
- Establish timeline for ceremony and reception in conjunction with wedding coordinator.
- Oversee the ceremony and reception room(s) set-up, food preparation and other Hotel operations.
- Ensure a seamless transition to the Banquet Captain on the day of your event.
- Review your banquet checks for accuracy, prior to the completion of your final bill.
- What are the responsibilities of an independent Wedding Planner?
- Assist with etiquette and protocol for invitations, family matters, ceremony, and toasts.
- Create a timeline for your entire wedding day, including the ceremony and reception to supply to the Weddings and Special Events Sales Manager.
- Organize and coordinate your ceremony rehearsal. Remind bridal party of all pertinent “call times” and “don’t forgets” on the wedding day.
- Confirm call times and details with all vendors several days prior to the wedding day.
- Support as liaison with your family, bridal party and all vendors.
- Ensure the ladies have their corsages and bouquets, etc., and assist with pinning of the gentlemen’s boutonnières.
- Deliver and arrange ceremony programs, escort cards, place cards, favors and any personal items.
- Coordinate your actual ceremony (i.e., line up bride party, assist bride with dress, etc.)
- Coordinate your reception (i.e., grand entrance, first dance, toasts, cake cutting, etc.)
- Coordinate with vendors and the Hotel Banquet Captain to ensure timeliness of your events.
- Collect any personal items you may have brought at the conclusion of the reception.
- Count and collect all wedding gifts and deliver them to the appropriate location at the conclusion of your event.
- Assist you with full-service coordinating from your engagement to your honeymoon, should you select a full-service package.
What are the deposits based on and when are they due?
Deposits are based on anywhere from 25% –100% of the combined food and beverage minimum, plus the rental fees for the event space reserved. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Initial Deposit – Due at signature of agreement and is based on 25% of the combined food and beverage minimum, plus the venue rental fee for the event space reserved.
Second Deposit - Due four months or 125 days prior to the event date and is based on 75% of the combined food and beverage minimum, plus the venue rental fee for the event space reserved.
Final Deposit – Due 30 working days prior to the event date and is based on the estimated final balance for your event, based on your actual food and beverage selections.
Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve requires full pre-payment for all events. The above outlined deposit policy is subject to change and could change based on your event date.
Does the resort offer a special group rate?
If you wish to reserve a block of rooms for your family and guests, please notify your Weddings and Special Events Sales Manager who can provide you with availability and rates. A special group rate will be offered based on a minimum of 10 rooms or more for a minimum of 2 nights. Holiday weekends may be subject to a three-night minimum stay. Please note check-in time is 4 p.m. and checkout is 11 a.m.
What happens if we plan an outdoor ceremony, however due to weather circumstances we are not able to host outdoors?
The Weddings and Special Events Sales Manager always holds an appropriately sized backup room inside the hotel in case of inclement weather.