As Jean-Michel Cousteau says, “All kids start out as scientists, constantly asking ‘Why? What’s that? How does it work?’” Ritz Kids experiences at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain tap into that innate curiosity by introducing our youngest guests to both the natural wonders and the rich cultural traditions of our family-friendly resort. Immersive and adventurous, the resort’s experiences provide your child with enthralling activities to reward their interest in the beauty and workings of the world we live in. With a diverse collection of vacation activities based on the four pillars of the program – water, land, environmental responsibility and culture – kids are swept away by everything from coral reefs and forests, to recycling and sustainability, storytelling, art and even food.
The Dove Mountain Ritz Kids Rangers invite our guests ages 5-12 to join in a unique and exciting journey of discovery as they explore the meaning of the “Spirit of Adventure” that lives here at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain.
We offer two unique 3 hour programs daily, starting at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., in the Dove Mountain Ritz Kids Ranger Headquarters. Young explorers are welcome to join us for the Half Day Expedition
by participating in only one of the two programs offered or the more adventurous among them may opt for the Full Day Expedition
and participate in both programs offered. Participants in the Full Day Expedition will be served a healthy lunch between adventures and will have the opportunity to enjoy more personalized time with their Ranger guide.
A sampling of currently offered programs includes:
Full Day Expedition
- Things We Eat – Delve into varieties of food, where they come from and who eats what. Look at different foods people eat around the world and be shocked by how far some of our own food travels. Through a variety of unique activities and games, we will have you asking, “What exactly are the things we eat?”
- Rodeo Round Up! – Howdy Partner! Saddle up your Spirit of Adventure as we explore life the cowboy way. Test your skills during our playful version of traditional rodeo games, and then show off your artistic talents creating your own western attire. Our grande finale, the Rodeo Parade, celebrates our adventure and all the tall tales and legends that make cowboy life so interesting.
- What Is a Good Tree? – Dr. Seuss and Shel Silverstein guide this activity by helping explain the value of the tree through their heart-warming and inspiring stories. Young guests will expand upon the lessons through a variety of games and activities that will remind us just how important trees are and why they are so special.
- Living Deserts – Find out about all the special critters that call the desert home and some of the fascinating ways they have adapted to live there. We look at different deserts around the world while asking how life can "beat the heat" through a variety of experiments, games, and art projects.
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
$135 per childHalf Day Expedition
9 a.m - 12 p.m. OR 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
$70 per child
For more information and reservations please call (520) 572-3000. Reservations are required for all Ritz Kids Rangers programs at least 24 hours in advance. Cancellations are requested 24 hours in advance or the full cost of the program will be charged. All programs are limited to participants aged 5 to 12 years.
In-Room Camping for children visiting with their friends and families will do away with the traditional rollaway bed and replace it with an in-room tent large enough to become a private home-away-from-home for younger guests. The In-Room Tent Experience will feature The Ritz-Carlton tent delivery to the family’s guest room, tent setup, a fun and educational book about Arizona’s spectacular High Sonoran Desert, and a keepsake desert tortoise stuffed animal. In-Room Camping not only provides “shelter” for young travelers; it also helps them imagine what the same tent adventure must have been like for the early cowboy settlers who slept outdoors under the desert stars, in the midst of the same lush Saguaro cactus forest that surrounds the resort.
For reservations or more information, please call (520) 572-3050.
In-Room Tent Experience is based upon availability. Excludes applicable state and local taxes. Advance reservations are required. The $99 includes tent delivery and setup, an educational and fun book about the High Sonoran Desert, and a keepsake desert tortoise stuffed animal.
Give your child the gift of adventure! The Ritz Kids Adventure Package
makes it easy to experience the best of what The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain has to offer our younger guests. Watch their faces light up as they are surprised by an overnight camp out with the In-room tent experience. Join them on a fun Family Geocaching adventure. Let us appeal to their innate curiosity and creativity through our custom crafted Ritz-Kids Rangers programs. Then top it all off with a Kid’s Ranger Shirt to take home as a memento of their unforgettable experience.
The Ritz Kids Adventure Package is $200 and includes:
- Family Geocaching experience (a $60 value)
- Half-day Ritz Kids Rangers program (a $70 value)
- In-room tent experience (a $99 value)
- Kid’s Ranger Shirt (a $40 value)
For more information and reservations please call (520) 572-3000. Reservations are required for all Ritz Kids Rangers programs at least 24 hours in advance. Cancellations are requested 24 hours in advance or the full cost of the program will be charged. Ritz Kids Rangers programs are limited to participants aged 5 to 12 years. Applicable state and local taxes apply.
Summer 2015 Family Events
Cool off and relax at a Dive-in Movie. The Serenity Pool doubles as a movie theater in the evening with fun family flicks projected on a screen over the water. Every Saturday evening from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. May 23 to September 5, 2015.
Ask about our Sleeping Under the Stars Experience that brings the magic of slumbering under a sky full of shining stars to the comfort of your guestroom. Children will be amazed by a starry laser lightshow projected on the ceiling of your guestroom, a faux campfire, and sleeping bag, plus treats to take home, such as a pocket telescope, educational stargazing book, and house-made chocolate stars.
Meet our Desert Friends every day from 1 to 3 p.m. in the Ranger’s Headquarters. Rocky the tortoise and her friends look forward to play time with our younger guests. See, touch, and learn about desert creatures from all over the world.
|Discover Ritz Kids, with fun and inspirational content created by Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ocean Futures Society. Learn more.