Ubud is an ideal destination for nature and history aficionados alike.
While Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve is secluded among the rolling hills of Ubud, it offers the ideal base for exploring the rich history, culture and natural beauty of the area. Travel through scenic plantations to explore rural communities, marvel at the intricate stone and wood carvings found in centuries-old temples, experience the rush of rafting along the Ayung River, catch glimpses of birds and monkeys in nearby nature preserves, learn the mythological stories told by Barong dancers, or select the perfect token from handicrafts shops offering the work of local artists. Whatever your wish, whether golfing in an extinct volcanic crater or enjoying the healing powers of a natural hot spring, Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve can create a memorable itinerary that fulfills your dreams of Bali.
There are several “must do” activities which are recommended in Ubud:
- Visit the palace, Ubud’s many art galleries or shop at traditional market.
- Conquer Ayung River on rafts and riverside picnic Explorer’s style.
- Walk the main street, people watching, relax over a coffee or sampled one of CNNGo’s Bali must tried dishes – Babi Guling (Roast Suckling Pork).
- Yoga in the outdoor or relax with a Balinese spa treatment.
- Hike the majestic Mount Batur at sunrise.
- Private session with one of Ubud’s Traditional Healers.
- Evening Kecak Fire & Trance Dance at Agung Rai Art Museum.
- Cycling through the village’s rice terrace.
- Bali Elephant Camp and Night Safari – be a Mahout for the day and experience nature in the evening.
- Water blessing at Tirtha Empul Temple Holy Spring.