Ubud is an ideal place for nature and history lovers on “Island of Gods”.
Steeped in culture and enhanced by magnificent vistas, Ubud offers a respite from the humdrum of busy life and also pampers visitors in body and soul. A walk through the rice fields, watching a procession of women gracefully balancing piles of fruit offerings on the way to the temples, passing different Balinese handmade artwork studios, looking at monkeys playing on the ground and Balinese peoples with traditional sarong walking on streets for ceremonies are lasting impression of Ubud.
For the experience collectors, Mandapa is an exclusive journey inside the indigenous Ubud Culture and the Balinese village. For the global explorers, it is a sensory journey to wellness and nature, where lush jungle meets majestic Ayung River, rice terrace and temple.
There are several “must do” activities which are recommended in Ubud:
- Visit the palace, Ubud’s many art galleries or shop at traditional market.
- Conquer Ayung River on rafts and riverside picnic Explorer’s style.
- Walk the main street, people watching, relax over a coffee or sampled one of CNNGo’s Bali must tried dishes – Babi Guling (Roast Suckling Pork).
- Yoga in the outdoor or relax with a Balinese spa treatment.
- Hike the majestic Mount Batur at sunrise.
- Private session with one of Ubud’s Traditional Healers.
- Evening Kecak Fire & Trance Dance at Agung Rai Art Museum.
- Cycling through the village’s rice terrace.
- Bali Elephant Camp and Night Safari – be a Mahout for the day and experience nature in the evening.
- Water blessing at Tirtha Empul Temple Holy Spring.