THE RITZ-CARLTON HOTEL COMPANY, L.L.C.HUMAN RIGHTS POLICY STATEMENT
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. acknowledges and respects the principles contained in the United Nation’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Ritz-Carlton’s Human Rights Policy reflects the company’s commitment to conduct its business in a manner consistent with these principles and to respect human rights within the company’s sphere of influence. Ritz-Carlton demonstrates global leadership in responsible workplace practices, and endeavors to conduct its business operations in a manner that respects human rights. The company’s core values and culture embody a commitment to ethical business practices and good corporate citizenship.
Ethical Business Conduct
Ritz-Carlton’s policies require that its business be conducted with honesty and integrity, and in full compliance with all applicable laws. Company policies establish clear ethical standards and guidelines for how we do business and establish accountability. All company employees are required to obey the law and comply with specific standards relating to legal obligations, ethics, and business conduct. The company has clear accountability mechanisms in place to monitor and report on compliance with these directives. Applicable standards are detailed in the Business Conduct Guide of its parent company, Marriott International, Inc.
Ritz-Carlton strives to provide a safe and healthy working environment for all its employees. Our workplace policies and practices include commitments on:
- Child Labor: Ritz-Carlton does not recruit child labor and condemns all forms of exploitation of children.
- Ethical Recruitment: Ritz-Carlton implements a “no fees” recruitment policy. We do not ask for money or charge fees to the applicant as part of the application process.
- Forced Labor and Human Trafficking: Ritz-Carlton supports the elimination of all forms of forced, bonded or compulsory labor and provides associate training on human trafficking awareness and prevention.
- Freedom of Association: Ritz-Carlton supports the freedom of association and the right to choose a collective bargaining representative, if desired.
- Harassment and Non-Discrimination: Ritz-Carlton supports and upholds the elimination of discriminatory practices with respect to all aspects of employment, and promotes and embraces diversity and inclusion within its business operations.
Ritz-Carlton expects that its business partners and suppliers will strive to conduct business consistent with our policies and standards on diversity, social responsibility and community engagement, as communicated through Marriott’s Global Supplier Code of Conduct. Failure to do so could jeopardize the ability to do business with our Company.
Commitment to Human Rights
At Ritz-Carlton, our commitment to human rights is governed by Marriott’s Human Rights Council, which implements a human rights due diligence and risk management process to identify, prevent and mitigate relevant risks.
We provide employees with a variety of means, including anonymous channels, to report unethical behavior. This includes a toll-free international Business Integrity Hotline. The company will not tolerate any retaliation toward individuals who have raised such concerns in good faith, and has in place systems to protect against retaliation.
Marriott, including Ritz-Carlton, works to raise awareness concerning human rights within its sphere of influence, and commits to cooperating, as appropriate, with law enforcement authorities to address any such instances of exploitation of which the company becomes aware. The company has a long history of supporting programs and partnerships that help at-risk young people and their families prepare for and find meaningful employment. The full statement of Marriott’s commitment and specific efforts to respect human rights can be found here.