Escape to the epicenter of Seoul, Korea.
Under the glimmering light of a majestic, four-tiered chandelier, surrounded by sparkling marble architectural elements, lavish, classically inspired décor, and priceless works of art, you may imagine for a moment that you have been transported to an 18th-century European palace. Yet, as a friendly greeter dressed in traditional hanbok attire welcomes you with a warm “anyong haseyo,” you remember that you are in a place unlike any other, The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul, one of the finest hotels downtown.
Perhaps more than in any other Seoul hotels in Gangnam, Korea’s rich traditional past and dynamic international present comingle to create a fascinating and beautiful fusion of design, style and experiential elements. Inside your peaceful guest room, muted earth tones are accented by vivid silk fabrics, echoing the textiles used in the Korean costumes of our hotel greeters. As you jot down a note on your in-room stationery, you pause for a moment, noticing the unusual insignia imprinted upon it. This stately symbol, you discover, is known as the giwa and represents the iconic Korean roof tile, whose presence still dots much of the Seoul skyline today. It is just one of the myriad facts you will uncover while exploring the uniquely beautiful city of Seoul.
Frequented by Korea’s elite, The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul is conveniently situated among the
fashionable shops, cafes and luxury hotels of Gangnam, an upscale neighborhood in the heart of downtown, where business, culture and entertainment thrive.
Our Seoul hotel features:
- 375 well-appointed guest rooms, including 47 luxury hotel suites and 75 Club level rooms
- Four restaurants, bar, deli and a variety of banquet rooms
- The Ritz-Carlton Fitness Club and Club Lounge
- Upscale shopping at Cheongdam-dong and Seoul’s four most exclusive department stores, as well as the COEX convention center complex (Korean World Trade Center and a casino)
- Convenient access by taxi, private car, bus or subway
- Complimentary wired and wireless Internet in guest rooms
- Complimentary wireless Internet for guests and public visitors in restaurants, fitness club, spa, pool and banquet rooms
As a premier 5-star hotel in Korea, The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul is easily accessible by taxi, private car and bus. We also recommend utilizing Seoul’s clean and efficient subway system. It is a one-minute walk from Exit 4 at Sinnonhyeon Station, subway Line 9. Gangnam subway station, on Line 2, is only a three-minute car trip or an easy eight-minute walk. Incheon International Airport is approximately a 60-to-90 minute drive from our downtown hotel, and Gimpo Airport is approximately a 30-minute trip on Line 9, making staying at The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul an obvious choice for international guests.